Progress updates [20th july]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dest

DA Team
Oct 6, 2004
bikini bottom tbh!
Here some progress updates:

As members have seen, the 3th turret (antivehicle) is ingame, this means also that there should be vehicles in the game. Since hyperforce is making this awesome tank, I'm hoping that it's done soon and can get imported in the game. I'm also doing some 3d work on an aircraft. I'd say all this is v1.1, but levi said when turret is done it will be in da 1.0. (more details on this soon!)

I've also talked with spec about updating refinery, which I think needs polished, probably trying some differant skybox,sunlight and terrain textures. And also the objectives should be updated, like the first, which is only one bunker defenders can stand behind. And i've heard there are alot of placed you can get stuck in the map.

I think Egypt is going to be done for release, which will most probably be very early august.

About my maps, Blackgold/Unex are as good as finished (although, unex seems to miss statics, make sure you have latest Dest_Architecture. Get it with ruins from ftp), I have updated Triumph a bit (not out yet) And im going to do the same changes on Triumph2. Ruins was finished long time ago..

GUI, I've heard Zeh is hard working on the Gui and I think everything is going to be fine there.

Abs, is still on vacation, Fluxs also? (haven't seen him very often lately)

As last, the trailer has been downloaded by around 2500 people, I'd say that would be 10% of DA beta1 dls ;)

Hyperforce

Apr 26, 2005
netherlands
Dest said:
[SCREENSHOT]http://home.versatel.nl/waverstr13/DA_Assaultship.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

The Assaultship.

Let me know what you think.

Looks nice, alltrough I think its only the basic shape...
alltrough it could have a bit more sticking out like it has wings,
I doubt those jet engines alone could keep it stable in the air, you'll need some kind of wings to make it look real, or make the sides a bit bigger.

About my work on the tank, allmost all my time go's into the Maya fundamentals Class, I'm really buissy and I hardly get to work on the tank :(
I'll get it done, as allways, just get those textures ready ;)

Last edited:

Dest

DA Team
Oct 6, 2004
bikini bottom tbh!
[SCREENSHOT]http://home.versatel.nl/waverstr13/DA_Assaultship2.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://home.versatel.nl/waverstr13/DA_Assaultship_bottom.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Thrusters should rotate to almost horizontal after taking off.
i've noticed the little wings on the thrusters should be rotated, but rendering took some time so ill leave it on this pic.

Last edited:

Hyperforce

Apr 26, 2005
netherlands
Thrusters should rotate to almost horizontal after taking off.
i've noticed the little wings on the thrusters should be rotated, but rendering took some time so ill leave it on this pic.

rendering took some time! :eek:
what pc you got?

spec_x

DA2 Project Lead/Level Designer
Dec 10, 2002
Redmond, WA
why'd you render it at such a high res when it's not that high of a poly model? There's really no need to have rendered it more than 800x600 honestly, maybe 1024 if you're feeling sassy ;)

Hyperforce

Apr 26, 2005
netherlands
Dest said:
amd 64 3000+ 1024 memory

pic resolution: 4096*2731

took about 15 mins. (only the one with the mirror) the other was done in about a min.

mirror, even raytracing in maya won't take more than 1 minute, even with high lvl raytracing (???)

anyway, yeh probebly true about the wings. alltrough I still think the aircraft would start making barrel rolls of it makes turns. (would be fun :lol: )

keep going :)