Profiling Quiz

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
ReD_Fist said:
Ok,pissed is one thing,killing inocent people like in the towers is another.
And now we are even more in there face,pakistan,afganistan,iraq,even if bush never went into Iraq .And as I been saying for the 87th time.
those poor poor downtrodden muslims whom we made them that way have no right to be pissed at USA there is not one reason at all,none.
Those teleban-bin laden in afganistan,he had a pile of money,but yet they were pushing carts around,no schooling,no infrastructer improvments,sanitation, on and on.

You're just not getting it man. You can't really appreciate their situation, and neither can I for that matter. You're thinking like someone who hasn't had to wash their hands in the same water they defacate or take a child to a 3rd rate hospital because they stepped on an American planted landmine that blew the kid's legs off, a land mine left in the sand decades before that kid was born. No reason at all? Step outside the box for a minute and do some research.

ReD_Fist said:
So why didn't bin laden use HIS money to do good things,we wer'nt even in that country,so that blows your theory.

Because Bin Laden is a Fanatic. Do you even know what country he is from? I'm not defending this mother fu<ker in the slightest, he's using other people's misfortune to aid his own agenda (boy does that sound familiar). But he didn't pop outta nowhere man. We trained him, trained his people, and then supplied them. 911 could have been prevented by our government decades before it occured.

ReD_Fist said:
Oh but now we are selling rockets and stuff to both india and pakistan,and so called "occuping " iraq,but yet we wouldnt have made them even more opressed if THEY didn't mess with us like that.

I'm gonna ignore this one.

ReD_Fist said:
So,now we are more imbeded in the seen more than ever,if they were so opressed why did they make it even worse us presents in there region?

I'm not sure what you are saying here but I am going to assume that you mean why did they make us go into their region? They didn't make us do anything. We chose to get involved with them first, before they ever hated us. And the way our government conducted buisness there played a good part in all the crap we're dealing with now, that's what I'm saying.

ReD_Fist said:
I can't believe you are thinking that because a bunch of mental cases whom don't even care about there own kind,don't care if they commit suicide,and think we made them like that.

I can't believe you're talking about a situation you don't really know too much about beyond Fox News. You are over simplyifying these people and that's a reason why we're so screwed up with them right now.

Last edited:

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
@millitary...................

hogwash.

if they were bombed by some of those people they let in thier country,talk about moronic.

Just pointless,allmost 90% of posters on nalicity ,never seen such crazy talk,kinda like

Hate usa first
pro gay
anti usa
anti god
pro abortion
on and on
anything and everything to slam or decrepedate anything when it comes to doing good things or anything wich is pro usa.

Of coarse I don't want them bombed,but they let them in there country or just anyone with not much to go on other than thier word.

And yes ,don't canada have way more unused land,for thier trash? I mean they are so liberal they can't even face up to how they pollute thier land,just dump it in my state surrounded by fresh water,and now I hear they cant stop it due to federal law,so the state is trying an idea wich the federal (import export ) law to what kind of trash they can send.Because we can't stop it,but we have to pay more for our trash to be dumped,and they get the deals,yes it does piss me off.

Hell thier dumping medical waste and who knows what else.

and if they did get bombed would they say aw ,nothing we can do,or oh thats ok we don't care,because thats the way it is .

plus after 10 years they finaly let fox news broadcast,mabey now they might see some truth for once,instead of lame goverment run staiton CBC?
Just too bad that people allways think now days that usa is a dumping ground,a country to pee on,a country who still has religion wich is bad,a country who causes ALL the worlds problems and so on.

Hell I don't realy care anymore,but to think if they were attacked and still think the same way is stupid,the point was,if they did get bombed would they be so good and nice like they think they are now.

Last edited:

Cat Fuzz

Qualthwar's Minion. Ph34r!
Mister_Prophet said:
Because Bin Laden is a Fanatic. Do you even know what country he is from? I'm not defending this mother fu<ker in the slightest, he's using other people's misfortune to aid his own agenda (boy does that sound familiar). But he didn't pop outta nowhere man. We trained him, trained his people, and then supplied them. 911 could have been prevented by our government decades before it occured.

Ok, pleeze don't be a total dork and not supply the context by which we did this. Would you like to correct your omission or shall I? :)

Cat Fuzz

militaryspetproject said:
Oh and BTW america also ships its garbage to other countries. I guess that means we deserved to be bombed.You sir, are a moron.

Uh huh. Go ahead and leave out the little detail about us PAYING them to take our waste. This is a common practice. You make it sound like we're flying over in B-52's and dropping on them.

Stilgar

Ninja
Dec 20, 1999
Toitle
Visit site
'plus after 10 years they finaly let fox news broadcast,mabey now they might see some truth for once,instead of lame goverment run staiton CBC?'

Fox news is one of the most shamelessly whored excuses for a 'news' source I have ever seen. Everything about that show is tarted up to appeal to U.S patriots and militant minded people.

I mean... **** off with that ever-present waving flag already! Everyone knows FOX is an American station targeted at Americans, you don't have to keep reminding us every 10 seconds. I swear they are trying to emulate a command centre atmosphere with their banners and stage set. It's like they think they're in a middle of a war zone, vigilantly supplying NEWS ALERTS! to the troops in the field.

I am insulted by the implication that some people are not getting 'some truth' because they don't have access to Fox News.
If you consider Fox News the only reliable source of information (and I truy hope you don't) then I have concerns for your state of mind.

Last edited:

Cat Fuzz

Stilgar said:
'plus after 10 years they finaly let fox news broadcast,mabey now they might see some truth for once,instead of lame goverment run staiton CBC?'

Fox news is one of the most shamelessly whored excuses for a 'news' source I have ever seen. Everything about that show is tarted up to appeal to U.S patriots and militant minded people.

I mean... **** off with that ever-present waving flag already! Everyone knows FOX is an American station targeted at Americans, you don't have to keep reminding us every 10 seconds. I swear they are trying to emulate a command centre atmosphere with their banners and stage set. It's like they think they're in a middle of a war zone, vigilantly supplying NEWS ALERTS! to the troops in the field.

I am insulted by the implication that some people are not getting 'some truth' because they don't have access to Fox News.
If you consider Fox News the only reliable source of information (and I truy hope you don't) then I have concerns for your state of mind.

Fox news is the only truly unbiased news source on TV. To you lefties of course it would look like its right wing from your perpective since your used to lefty biased news for 40+ years. You must think a large chunk of the US population has mental issues since Fox news is number one. Go ahead and keep your head stuck in the utopian sand. Polls indicate that 85% of journalists are liberal Democrats. Yeah, I'm sure the media isn't biased to the left.

I don't get Fox news btw. I would have to sign up for the next higher cable plan to get it.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
Cat Fuzz said:
Polls indicate that 85% of journalists are liberal Democrats. Yeah, I'm sure the media isn't biased to the left.

There's no such thing as "the media". Some TV channels are biased one way, some are biased the other. The same goes for different newspapers, different magazines..you can't just say they're all the same. But it does seem to be a nice, impressive thing to be able to say "The media are biased against us!"

Anyway, it doesn't matter, since generally people will only expose themselves to media that agrees with them in the first place. Imagine if your favorite newspaper started printing lots of pro-abortion, anti-Christian articles - you'd change to a different one. Same if Rush Limbaugh started a column for a liberal paper or if Michael Moore announced he liked Bush after all - they'd be finished, because people only listen to what they want to hear.

Cat Fuzz

Frostblood said:
There's no such thing as "the media". Some TV channels are biased one way, some are biased the other. The same goes for different newspapers, different magazines..you can't just say they're all the same. But it does seem to be a nice, impressive thing to be able to say "The media are biased against us!"

Anyway, it doesn't matter, since generally people will only expose themselves to media that agrees with them in the first place. Imagine if your favorite newspaper started printing lots of pro-abortion, anti-Christian articles - you'd change to a different one. Same if Rush Limbaugh started a column for a liberal paper or if Michael Moore announced he liked Bush after all - they'd be finished, because people only listen to what they want to hear.

:rolleyes: Wow, how sharp is that knife you use to split those hairs?

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Well Fox news had a story once,waaaay back, some crime of some guy,cant remeber.

But just as an example say

The man stold 50 boxes of detergent and some brooms he was sentenced to probation and double the ammout to pay back., OK thats CNN's version

now Fox's version

The man stold 50 boxes of detergent and some brooms,he was a janitor for 40 years and they changed the law,so now he didn't get his pension.He was sentenced to probation and double the ammout to pay back.

Thats exactly how it was,I heard fox the first round,then CNN had the story the next day,by what they left out completley changed the so called "news" cnn dreams up.

That story is just an example,i wish i could point you all to the real one.

So I was down here working and heard CNN ,and it cought my attention so bad,i will never forget it,ever since then if I want the real story,nothing but the story,nothing but "the news" I watch Fox.

If I want more low key and not so exciting stuff I listen to cnn,and i do watch the headline news in the morning.
But for other countries (or people) to not let fox news in (cacnada) specialy canada,makes me wonder or think,"? how the do they know whats going on they don't even know the full story,or they must not get the news?"

And just because Fox news asks questions to thier guests whom people think are abbrasive,they think fox news it right wing,thats the most foolish,unexplained notion I can't even think whats all that about.

I watch all news cable,so far fox is the least boring,some cool graphics,and more grueling interviews,of wich all cnn does is speculate how bad things are going to be on bush,or how bad thing are,or how bad everything is ,or how bad it's going to be all aimed at bush,not a newsy as fox at all.

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
ReD_Fist said:
Well Fox news had a story once,waaaay back, some crime of some guy,cant remeber.

But just as an example say

The man stold 50 boxes of detergent and some brooms he was sentenced to probation and double the ammout to pay back., OK thats CNN's version

now Fox's version

The man stold 50 boxes of detergent and some brooms,he was a janitor for 40 years and they changed the law,so now he didn't get his pension.He was sentenced to probation and double the ammout to pay back.

Thats exactly how it was,I heard fox the first round,then CNN had the story the next day,by what they left out completley changed the so called "news" cnn dreams up.

That story is just an example,i wish i could point you all to the real one.

So I was down here working and heard CNN ,and it cought my attention so bad,i will never forget it,ever since then if I want the real story,nothing but the story,nothing but "the news" I watch Fox.

If I want more low key and not so exciting stuff I listen to cnn,and i do watch the headline news in the morning.
But for other countries (or people) to not let fox news in (cacnada) specialy canada,makes me wonder or think,"? how the do they know whats going on they don't even know the full story,or they must not get the news?"

And just because Fox news asks questions to thier guests whom people think are abbrasive,they think fox news it right wing,thats the most foolish,unexplained notion I can't even think whats all that about.

I watch all news cable,so far fox is the least boring,some cool graphics,and more grueling interviews,of wich all cnn does is speculate how bad things are going to be on bush,or how bad thing are,or how bad everything is ,or how bad it's going to be all aimed at bush,not a newsy as fox at all.

ahem, news anyone? People steal things every day. What you seem to enjoy is "boulevard-news" and correct me if I'm wrong but the target group of those shows are soccer moms and aging housewives.

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
don't really know what your getting at there,but I watch em all,and local news,but Fox is the best one.
And all that accusing of being right wing is just not logical,all it takes is one thing and the liberal news web pages and news or tv just blows it all up to fit thier opinion.
I wouldn't give fox much credibility if they were right wing,I do want to hear all sides of thungs.

CNN is kinda just there,nbc news is so slanted left with thier wording,oh I will give example of nbc,

That plane crash in greece ,they come out and say "An american made jet crashed in greece" so wtf,they coulda done the story and said boeing afterwards,we all know it's an american company,but nbc makes sure it's in our face,rather than telling the story.

JTRipper

Chimpus Maximus
Sep 12, 2001
Denial
www.planetunreal.com
Mister_Prophet said:
I at least acknowledge the fact...FACT...that my government played an important role in making these people hate us.

What makes these people hate us is a poisonous ideology that simmers in a culture of oppression and fear. We did not create it; we're finally destroying it. The "fact...FACT" (was that seared... seared into your memory?) is that when terrorists make their little PR flicks, they tell us why they want to kill us. I have seldom heard hatred mentioned, or even implied. In fact, somehow -- inexplicably -- they usually omit every reason that liberals keep insisting justifies their "hate".

Could it be... because the reasons liberals give us aren't actually derived from reality, but rather asserted in support of their worldview? No, how silly of me... it must be that terrorists don't even know what motivates them, however, infinitely wise and sophisticated people in Upper West Manhattan can divine precisely what makes Achmed murder! From thousands of miles away without ever having even met him. Amazing, those lefties...

Mister_Prophet said:
I was smply saying that it is far easier for a person in poverty to resort to drastic measures than a person living in comfortable situations.

I'm in near agreement with this, although I would exchange "poverty" with "misery", as I don't consider them synonymous.

Mister_Prophet said:
In fact, this is the WHOLE GODDAMN PROBLEM! Did you ever stop and think that maybe all our interferring and all our trying to convert these people to our own way of life is probably one of the better reasons why they are so pissed off?

No. The only external force that reasonably be said to have had a significant role in fostering this ideology is probably colonialism - and I can't help but notice that the middle east was never colonized by America. We did not force 8 million Iraqis to the polls - they chose to go vote, we just provided the opportunity. 8 million say they intend to vote in the next election. We did not impose a constitution on them, they wrote it themselves (although we did inject opinion into the process of drafting the interim constitution). In short, the only "conversion" we did was from tryanny to self-determination.

We weren't "converting" anyone to anything in the 60's, 70's, 80's, or 90's, and to claim that decades of terrorism were caused by anything we're doing today would be dishonesty of jaw-dropping proportions. Yeah, Iranian mullahs are pissed that their kids wear Nike t-shirts, and have been for a while - but they ask and pay for those. If you're giong to stand by that claim, I'd like to see it substantiated. Preferably with direct citations from terrorists themselves.

Mister_Prophet said:
Anyone can resort to acts of desperation. Shouldn't you be more concerned with stopping THAT?

Personally, I'm more concerned with stopping the fascist, nihilist tide of populism that approves of targetting civilians to further the end of coercing and intimidating populations and governments. But to each their own.

Mister_Prophet said:
But do you think it is any less a war to the terrorists trying to kill us?

Has it escaped your notice that they're putting a great deal more energy into killing Iraqi civilians than killing "us"?

Mister_Prophet said:
You're thinking like someone who hasn't had to wash their hands in the same water they defacate or take a child to a 3rd rate hospital because they stepped on an American planted landmine that blew the kid's legs off, a land mine left in the sand decades before that kid was born.

And as far as I know, neither has anyone else. I'm really looking for justifications that you haven't fabricated, or "heard from people". Where, pray tell, did we plant land mines in sand decades ago?

Mister_Prophet said:
I can't believe you're talking about a situation you don't really know too much about beyond Fox News. You are over simplyifying these people and that's a reason why we're so screwed up with them right now.

And "We make them angry so they kill!" is such a nuanced analysis, right? Where exactly does what you know about the situation come from? It seems backed by little more than the force of the opinions of people around you.

Mister_Prophet said:
Do you even know what country he is from?

Since no one's answered, I will - Yemen.

Mister_Prophet said:
But he didn't pop outta nowhere man. We trained him, trained his people, and then supplied them

No, we did not train him or supply him. The left loves the irony of this fabrication, and I won't blame you for hearing it a thousand times and believing it, but even he says he never received American money or training.

nachimir said:
I think I'll write one of these quizzes to implicate white middle class people regardless of political bias.

Refresh my memory - what percentage of British muslims was it that said the 7-7 bombings were justified?

Cat Fuzz said:
Fox news is the only truly unbiased news source on TV.
That's not quite accurate. It definitely has a right-of-center editorial tilt, but is more moderate than the left-of-center crowd. They at least make a genuine effort to insure that all opinions are represented.

And a token on-topic comment - I agree with Dennis Miller. It's not called "profiling", it's called "being minimally observant".

Nachimir

Crony of Stilgar
Aug 13, 2001
Shelf Adventure.
Refresh my memory - what percentage of British muslims was it that said the 7-7 bombings were justified?

I've never seen any numbers, but it was certainly a minority. There were Muslims dancing in the streets of certain places here on 9/11, but they weren't a majority and I don't think they could have got away with it this time round. Condemnation from Muslim leadership was almost universal, and only in a world of Jack Chick style paranoia would that signify any disingenuousness.

I think you may have misunderstood: I wasn't wheeling out the old "We're to blame, blah, blah", just pointing out that terrorism cannot be narrowed to a single ethnicity or religion. What Cat_Fuzz posted was bad screed made of meticulously compiled data. Singling one group out like that is not only dumb, it's an invitation to prejudice. Worryingly, 46% of people polled in the days after the London bombings thought Islam itself was a threat, rather than Islamic fundamentalism.

JTRipper said:
What makes these people hate us is a poisonous ideology that simmers in a culture of oppression and fear. We did not create it; we're finally destroying it. The "fact...FACT" (was that seared... seared into your memory?) is that when terrorists make their little PR flicks, they tell us why they want to kill us. I have seldom heard hatred mentioned, or even implied. In fact, somehow -- inexplicably -- they usually omit every reason that liberals keep insisting justifies their "hate".

So you think they hate us simply because of our ideaology? I disagree. There is more to it than that. Thought like that is dangerous because it over simplifies one group's reasons for violence. People didn't just start putting bombs in buildings and hijacking planes for no reason. These 9/11 guys didn't fly planes into our towers simply because we were American or because "they hate us for our freedom". And again, I'm not saying these people are justified, not at all. But how come even the thought of "what could we have done to make them so pissed off?" is shot down all the time as Liberal mischief? Not every bad guy we fight is gonna be the Nazis.

JTRipper said:
Could it be... because the reasons liberals give us aren't actually derived from reality, but rather asserted in support of their worldview?

...and the Right doesn't do that?

JTRipper said:
No, how silly of me... it must be that terrorists don't even know what motivates them, however, infinitely wise and sophisticated people in Upper West Manhattan can divine precisely what makes Achmed murder! From thousands of miles away without ever having even met him. Amazing, those lefties...

..Are you assuming that I'm a lefty? Let alone a sophisticated person living in Upper West Manhattan?;) Why does this always come back to "pfff crazy lefties"? I don't consider myself either, I lean both ways when neccessary. I heard someone say recently that "The far left are snide and sarcastic and the far right is dangerous and violent"....and you know what? Doesn't seem too farfetched.

And in response to your comment, I think a flag waving Texan with a highschool education knows far less about it (not pointing at anyone here in particular, just making a point).

JTRipper said:
I'm in near agreement with this, although I would exchange "poverty" with "misery", as I don't consider them synonymous.

How many perfectly happy poor people have you ever heard of though? And I'm not talking about Charlie Bucket.

JTRipper said:
No. The only external force that reasonably be said to have had a significant role in fostering this ideology is probably colonialism - and I can't help but notice that the middle east was never colonized by America.

Let me drill oil in front of your home for a few years and lecture you about proper politics or culture before you decide that you've had enough.

Look...I'm not saying that we should be giving blankets to terrorists or some other hippie bullshiit like that. All I'm saying is that we should at least try to learn from past experiences and do the best job we can of leaving that area in the best shape for them and then get the hell outta there. Planting the seeds for future enemies is not what I was told we'd be doing at the outset of this war.

JTRipper said:
We did not force 8 million Iraqis to the polls - they chose to go vote, we just provided the opportunity.

It is far from that simple, but ok we got them to the polls. I'm not gonna snap on the progress that we do have.

JTRipper said:
If you're giong to stand by that claim, I'd like to see it substantiated. Preferably with direct citations from terrorists themselves.

They don't return my calls.

JTRipper said:
Personally, I'm more concerned with stopping the fascist, nihilist tide of populism that approves of targetting civilians to further the end of coercing and intimidating populations and governments.

I am more interested in going after the people who target civilians to further the end of coercing and intimidating goverments and populations rather than the people who "approve" of it. But to each his own.

JTRipper said:
Has it escaped your notice that they're putting a great deal more energy into killing Iraqi civilians than killing "us"?

Tell that to my friends being shot at by a bunch of people with nothing to loose.

JTRipper said:
I'm really looking for justifications that you haven't fabricated, or "heard from people". Where, pray tell, did we plant land mines in sand decades ago?

Try google. Or talk to soldiers over there. Or talk to veterans from the Gulf war. Civilians over there have been stepping on landmines for the last decade and a half...though I'm sure some of them weren't ours.

JTRipper said:
And "We make them angry so they kill!" is such a nuanced analysis, right? Where exactly does what you know about the situation come from? It seems backed by little more than the force of the opinions of people around you.

I admit most of my information comes from other sources, but I'm not some celebrity who spouts off shiit word for word from a Michael Moore documentary. Can I ask you what honest, truth-telling oracle gives you all your information about things that happen outside your home that is far more efficient than my sources?

JTRipper said:
No, we did not train him or supply him. The left loves the irony of this fabrication, and I won't blame you for hearing it a thousand times and believing it, but even he says he never received American money or training.

Yep. Cus only the lefts are saying it, right?

JTRipper said:
And a token on-topic comment - I agree with Dennis Miller. It's not called "profiling", it's called "being minimally observant".

Being minimally observant is saying Black people like fried Chicken and big assed women and that Mexicans come to the movies in hordes and order a ton of nachos. Generalizing an entire group of religious males is exactly why we're "fighting terrorism" in Iraq.

JTRipper

Chimpus Maximus
Sep 12, 2001
Denial
www.planetunreal.com
Nachimir said:
I've never seen any numbers, but it was certainly a minority.
There was a pretty well-publicised poll just after the failed 7-21 bombings.
Quarter of British Muslims sympathise with bombers' motives

Of a sample of 500+ British muslims, 6% said the attacks were "fully justified". 6% - sounds almost insignificant, yes? Until you realize that this means 30 of those 500 people think that British civilians deserve to be randomly killed in the streets. And how does this extrapolate to the rest of Great Britain's muslim population? Even if the sample is wildly skewed in favor of justification, it didn't take 30 people who hold that belief to kill 56 commuters for the crime of going about their daily life. Great Britain has, what - something like 1,000,000 muslims? Largely imported?

Nachimir said:
I think you may have misunderstood: I wasn't wheeling out the old "We're to blame, blah, blah", just pointing out that terrorism cannot be narrowed to a single ethnicity or religion. What Cat_Fuzz posted was bad screed made of meticulously compiled data.
And I'm asserting that -- with better than 95% accuracy -- it can. Compile a list of the last three decades of terrorist attacks. Cull out domestic terrorists like the IRA, Quebecois, Paris plastiquers, and Tim McVeigh (even though he had Iraqi help). What's left is overwhelmingly youg muslim men, mostly Arab, targetting whoever they've appointed 'the enemy of Islam'.

Nachimir said:
Worryingly, 46% of people polled in the days after the London bombings thought Islam itself was a threat, rather than Islamic fundamentalism.
Tellingly, 40% of muslims polled said they thought the attackers were muslim.