Problem with UTExtra/UT2Vote48

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

bsecow

May 22, 2004
Hi,

I installed UT2Vote48 together with UTExtra13 on an UT2004 Linux 3339 Server, but I've got a problem with the hitsounds:
First, they didn't seem to work. All settings should have been correct, they were enabled by server and enabled by both clients on it.
Then, I logged in as serveradmin and checked the settings in the UTExtra-GUI, Hitsounds enabled. I clicked "Submit" and shot again - suddenly I had the hitsounds. But only me, not the other one on the server, and after a mapchange, we had the same problem again. It only worked for a client who logged in as serveradmin. :/

Hope this is everything relevant from the Inis:

(server.ini)
ServerPackages=UT2Vote48
ServerPackages=UTExtra13

(UT2Vote48.ini)
[UT2Vote48.UT2VoteConfigs]
ServerMuts=UTExtra13.UTExtra

[UT2Vote48.UT2VotePackages]
Packages=(MutClassName="XWeapons.MutNoSuperWeapon,XGame.MutNoAdrenaline,UTExtra13.UTExtra",ServerPackages="XWeapons,XGame,UTExtra13")

(UTExtra13.ini)
[UTExtra13.UTExtra]
bNoHitSounds=false
bNoWeapShake=True
SkinBright=200

UT2Vote was activated using Webadmin, "for UT2004 Games".

Thanks in advance,
BSECow

HornDog

Propeller head
Sep 27, 2003
horndogshouse.com
bsecow said:
Hi,

I installed UT2Vote48 together with UTExtra13 on an UT2004 Linux 3339 Server, but I've got a problem with the hitsounds:
First, they didn't seem to work. All settings should have been correct, they were enabled by server and enabled by both clients on it.
Then, I logged in as serveradmin and checked the settings in the UTExtra-GUI, Hitsounds enabled. I clicked "Submit" and shot again - suddenly I had the hitsounds. But only me, not the other one on the server, and after a mapchange, we had the same problem again. It only worked for a client who logged in as serveradmin. :/

Hope this is everything relevant from the Inis:

(server.ini)

(UT2Vote48.ini)

(UTExtra13.ini)

UT2Vote was activated using Webadmin, "for UT2004 Games".

Thanks in advance,
BSECow

It doesn't work! Just use UTExtra11 with UT2Vote48 Like I do.

hmishima

Sep 10, 2004
You spelled your name right in your sig! Way to go. Now just copy and paste it into your INA sig and your set.

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
well, this seems to be sporadic. I have the same probleme, but it seems noone else in the team, and i have the probleme since 4.7 or even earlier. Will point on this again...

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
HornDog, so what you are saying is UTExtra11 works and UTExtra13 does not ?

** Edit **
Ok I have uploaded 11 and 12.
Give them a go and see if they are ok.
The only difference between 11 and 12 is 11 the code was ripped out but other authors needed it for adding to so I left it in in 12.

http://www.unreal.co.za/files/mods/UTExtra11.zip
http://www.unreal.co.za/files/mods/UTExtra12.zip

I see all that was done in 13 was there used to be a problem with it giving and 'Incompatible Game Files' error and that was fixed although it was actually a UT2004 problem which Epic has now fixed in Patch 3339 so there is probably a conflict now.

Last edited:

HornDog

Propeller head
Sep 27, 2003
horndogshouse.com
ProAsm said:
HornDog, so what you are saying is UTExtra11 works and UTExtra13 does not ?

** Edit **
Ok I have uploaded 11 and 12.
Give them a go and see if they are ok.
The only difference between 11 and 12 is 11 the code was ripped out but other authors needed it for adding to so I left it in in 12.

http://www.unreal.co.za/files/mods/UTExtra11.zip
http://www.unreal.co.za/files/mods/UTExtra12.zip

I see all that was done in 13 was there used to be a problem with it giving and 'Incompatible Game Files' error and that was fixed although it was actually a UT2004 problem which Epic has now fixed in Patch 3339 so there is probably a conflict now.

Hitsounds work in UTExtra12. Thanks ProAsm