UE2 - UT2kX Problem with skybox

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

alski666

Jul 4, 2010
So, I started making my first own map for the game Postal 2. It is a basic map with few rooms etc. but now I want to make an outdoor section there. So I was going to make a skybox there, but when I clicked "subtract", the walls, floors and roofs in the level disappeared and now it looks like this: http://tinypic.com/r/11awxsj/6
As you can see, only the static meshes, movers, pawns etc. remains on the map. What should I do so I can get the walls back?

(I'm not sure what version of UnrealED Postal 2 uses, but I selected UE2 because I think it is the right one.)

Last edited:

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
Subtract the sky, right-click the new yellow brush created, select 'order > to first' from the menu, then rebuild.

This means all the other brushes will now show up again.

Jefe

The Dark Rat
Nov 11, 2008
T E X A S
www.vgmp3.org
It looks like UED2 to me. Are you using view backdrop mode (press "k")? If not, something else is happening here. How big is your skybox exactly? You didn't make it surround your whole map did you? It's supposed to be tiny.

Did you press "q"? That will hide all bsp.

Last edited:

alski666

Jul 4, 2010
I tried everything you said, but still the walls won't appear. I made the skybox same way as in the original Postal 2 maps (huge box surrounding the whole map).

I understood that if you are making an indoor area with windows, then you should use the tiny skybox and use fake backdrop in the windows, but when going outdoors, you should use the huge skybox. Did I understand something wrong?

Edit: When I moved the skybox away from the level and rebuilt, everything that disappeared came back.

Edit2: I think I got the problem solved. I added a large cube over the rooms I already made. Then I changed the orders for the rooms to last. Now everything works as it should.

Last edited: