Problem with enabling TL / getting RG to work

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

mindphaser

Nov 8, 2003
Hi,

I appear to be having an issue with getting TL to be enabled. Here's my configs:

GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF",Acronym="CTF",GameName="CTF RG",Mutators="XGame.MutInstaGib,XGame.MutNoAdrenaline,",Options="")

GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF",Acronym="CTF",GameName="CTF PG",Mutators="XGame.MutInstaGib,XGame.MutNoAdrenaline,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,",Options="Translocator=True?GoalScore=0")

GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF",Acronym="CTF",GameName="CTF OGL",Mutators="XGame.MutInstaGib,XGame.MutNoAdrenaline,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,",Options="")

As you can see I want to have three basic configs. One with TL, the other two without (one of the others being RG instead of LG). So far the CTF OGL one works great. The others, work not so great.

The CTF PG Sets the GoalScore to 0 (instead of 5)--which is good, but the TL does not become enabled. (Even though it says TL=true when you hit F2)

The CTF RG remains LG even though it's not listed as a mutator.

So far the above two problems appear to be related. When I look in my log file, this is what I see:

Browse: CTF-andActionGO.ut2?Name=Player?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Gorge?team=255?Game=XGame.xCTFGame?Mutator=MapVote400b11.MapVote,XGame.MutInstaGib,XGame.MutNoAdrenaline,UnrealGame.MutLowGravXGame.MutInstaGib,XGame.MutNoAdrenaline,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav?Translocator=True?GoalScore=0

LoadMap: CTF-andActionGO.ut2?Name=Player?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Gorge?team=255?Game=XGame.xCTFGame?Mutator=MapVote400b11.MapVote,XGame.MutInstaGib,XGame.MutNoAdrenaline,UnrealGame.MutLowGravXGame.MutInstaGib,XGame.MutNoAdrenaline,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav?Translocator=True?GoalScore=0

That's from the log file. You'll notice that there's mutators in there twice (and they run together). Now I was able to track this down to the MapVoteHistory file:

H=(M="CTF-Chrome",P=3,S=9,G="",U="XGame.MutInstaGib,XGame.MutNoAdrenaline,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav")

Mapvote is appending the U= mutators onto the GameConfig mutators (without putting in a comma!). I've tried creating a new mapvote file, but it appears that no matter what I vote for, the default GameConfig (CTF OGL) settings are being added onto the MapVoteHistory file, and thus I get the same two mutators loading...

So my question is, what am I doing wrong? I've heard that Translocator won't work if you have mutators in there twice. Is there anyway I can get this mapvote to not read the parameters in the MapVoteHistory file? I really just want to control the gametype/options/mutators from the UT2003.ini. Is there anyway I can make MapVoteHistory just record how many times the map was played / last time it was played? As far as those two stats go I don't think what mutators were used on the map should affect how many times it's been voted for--unless there's a way to get seperate MapVoteHistorys per GameConfig... I also dislike seeing parameters being pulled from more then one location--it's better for me if everything is centralized in UT2003.ini

Also, I'm just using a standard maplist with not options/mutators. I really just want to control the options from the Game Config lines.

Please help! Everything says the TL should be working. The base mutator for the server startup is MapVote, and so it defaults to regular weapons. On that first map, the TL is working. Once you make a vote with Mapvote, the TL will not work (when you pick a TL enabled game). So perhaps I'm going about this the wrong way, any suggestions would be appreaciated.

-MP

Last edited:

Ifram

Nov 8, 2003
Additional Info

I am working with Mindphaser on this problem. I created a separate server with a fresh load on it to make sure we didn't have any problems with our ut2003.ini file. I added the mapvote and followed the instructions in the readme.txt file. Still have the same problem with the mutators. I ran it both configurations for getting the maps (bUseMapList=False and then true). I had the same problem as mindphaser listed.
We are a CTF clan in different leagues.
Here is what we are trying to do:
We need 3 different game configurations, once that configuration is enabled it must affect all the CTF maps.

1) Mods: lowgrav, instagib. Options: score limit 5
2) Mods: instagib. Options: score limit 5
3) Mods: lowgrav, instagib. Options: translocator, score limit 0, adren

Any assistance on how to get this to work with mapvote would be appreciated.

If we only needed 1 style of gaming then the mapvote works awesome.

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
mindphaser said:
Mapvote is appending the U= mutators onto the GameConfig mutators (without putting in a comma!).
Yes, Thanks for pointing out that bug. It should append a comma between them. I'll fix that.

I've tried creating a new mapvote file, but it appears that no matter what I vote for, the default GameConfig (CTF OGL) settings are being added onto the MapVoteHistory file, and thus I get the same two mutators loading...

Just remove blank out the U options for all maps in the MapVoteHistory1.ini.
If it is automatically adding these then it is getting them from your maplist and you need to remove them from there.

Code:
H=(M="CTF-Chrome",P=3,S=9,G="",U="")

I really just want to control the gametype/options/mutators from the UT2003.ini. Is there anyway I can make MapVoteHistory just record how many times the map was played / last time it was played? As far as those two stats go I don't think what mutators were used on the map should affect how many times it's been voted for--unless there's a way to get seperate MapVoteHistorys per GameConfig... I also dislike seeing parameters being pulled from more then one location--it's better for me if everything is centralized in UT2003.ini
No, that isnt the way it works. The mutators and game options in the MapVoteHistory.ini are meant for "Per Map mutators and game options".
This allows you to add certain mutators to certain maps and not others.

Also, I'm just using a standard maplist with not options/mutators. I really just want to control the options from the Game Config lines.
Just delete the MapVoteHistory1.ini file.

Also Try this configuration:
Code:
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF",Acronym="CTF RG",GameName="CTF RG",Mutators="XGame.MutInstaGib,XGame.MutNoAdrenaline,",Options="Translocator=False?GoalScore=5")

GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF",Acronym="CTF PG",GameName="CTF PG",Mutators="XGame.MutInstaGib,XGame.MutNoAdrenaline,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,",Options="Translocator=True?GoalScore=0")

GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF",Acronym="CTF OGL",GameName="CTF OGL",Mutators="XGame.MutInstaGib,XGame.MutNoAdrenaline,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,",Options="Translocator=False?GoalScore=5")

The Options are sticky. Once they are enabled the stay enabled until they are turned off. Thats why I added "Translocator=False?GoalScore=5" to the other game configs.

Last edited:

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Ifram said:
I am working with Mindphaser on this problem. I created a separate server with a fresh load on it to make sure we didn't have any problems with our ut2003.ini file. I added the mapvote and followed the instructions in the readme.txt file. Still have the same problem with the mutators. I ran it both configurations for getting the maps (bUseMapList=False and then true). I had the same problem as mindphaser listed.
We are a CTF clan in different leagues.
Here is what we are trying to do:
We need 3 different game configurations, once that configuration is enabled it must affect all the CTF maps.

1) Mods: lowgrav, instagib. Options: score limit 5
2) Mods: instagib. Options: score limit 5
3) Mods: lowgrav, instagib. Options: translocator, score limit 0, adren

Any assistance on how to get this to work with mapvote would be appreciated.

If we only needed 1 style of gaming then the mapvote works awesome.

Ok, This will do that:
Code:
;1)  Mods: lowgrav, instagib. Options: score limit 5

GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF",Acronym="CTF RG",GameName="CTF RG",Mutators="UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,XGame.MutInstaGib,XGame.MutNoAdrenaline",Options="Translocator=False?GoalScore=5")

;2)  Mods: instagib.  Options: score limit 5

GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF",Acronym="CTF OGL",GameName="CTF OGL",Mutators="XGame.MutInstaGib,XGame.MutNoAdrenaline",Options="Translocator=False?GoalScore=5")

;3)  Mods: lowgrav, instagib. Options: translocator, score limit 0, adren

GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF",Acronym="CTF PG",GameName="CTF PG",Mutators="UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,XGame.MutInstaGib",Options="Translocator=True?GoalScore=0")

mindphaser

Nov 8, 2003
BDB said:
Yes, Thanks for pointing out that bug. It should append a comma between them. I'll fix that.

Ok I think the same was happening for the options (only no ?), don't quote me on that though.

Just remove blank out the U options for all maps in the MapVoteHistory1.ini.
If it is automatically adding these then it is getting them from your maplist and you need to remove them from there.

Ah yes, that's what happend. We were doing the per map mutators/options in the ut2003.ini before, it must've pulled them from there.

The Options are sticky. Once they are enabled the stay enabled until they are turned off. Thats why I added "Translocator=False?GoalScore=5" to the other game configs.

Ok, I used those configs (minus the commas at the end of the mutators list). Everything is working now except the TL. It says Translocator=true. I also have bAllowTrans=True for the CTF gametype. Do you know why the Translocator isn't loading? Its odd that it would work initially and then when I do a mapvote to the CTF PG it doesn't work... :(

Another question I have is about how your mapvote works. How would I make it so that CTF OGL is default selected. IE at the end of a match when it pops up, it comes up to the 3 options list, then takes you into the maps. Is there anyway I can have it just pop up default into the CTF OGL list?

Thanks for you help.
-MP

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Do you know why the Translocator isn't loading? Its odd that it would work initially and then when I do a mapvote to the CTF PG it doesn't work...
I'll have to test this out. What is your start up command line ?

How would I make it so that CTF OGL is default selected. IE at the end of a match when it pops up, it comes up to the 3 options list, then takes you into the maps. Is there anyway I can have it just pop up default into the CTF OGL list?
Sorry, it can't do that.