Postnuke Era - A Soldner Mod - Needing help!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unimita

Jul 5, 2003
England
pnes.jpg

You have escaped from scientists, who work for a Faction - Which caused the Nuclear War with the World Goverment. They do experiments, trying to create the perferct soldier, killing and mutating hundreds of people. You return home to find you wife and family gone. You set off you find them; On your way, you find the Goverment has joined up with you.

Currently needing: Modellers, Coders.

All other positions are filled.

If you wish to join the Mod Team, either add me on MSN Hotmail at: bryanmaun@msn.com

Or, add me on AOL at Bryan Maun

Or e-mail me at BryanMaun@aol.com

Please don't e-mail me on my MSN Hotmail, as I can't get e-mail on that.

mIRC Channel at: irc.gamesnet.net - #Postnuke

Also, please note that I'm in GMT, so if there is a very large Time Zone difference, it may be hard to talk on MSN Hotmail or AIM.

PostNuke Era is a Mod-In-The-Making for Soldner: Secret Wars.

Thanks for your interest.

Last edited:

Original9

Deleted.
Jul 28, 2001
Wrong forum, not much of an idea what the mod is about. How will it play? We have the story, but what else?

Btw, the link to your site doesn't work.

Unimita

Jul 5, 2003
England
Nah, right forum, as it isn't to do with Unreal.

Try the link without the www.

It'll play with some sides having better advantages that others, but being weaking in one aspect than another. So, one tank may have a very slow reloading time, but powerful, while another has a fast reload time, but not-so-powerful weapons.

Last edited:

Unimita

Jul 5, 2003
England
Right. The game is for Soldner: Secret Wars. The story is:

You have escaped from scientists, who work for a Faction - Which caused the Nuclear War with the World Goverment. They do experiments, trying to create the perferct soldier, killing and mutating hundreds of people. You return home to find you wife and family gone. You set off you find them; On your way, you find the Goverment has joined up with you.

Unimita

Jul 5, 2003
England
Well, if you have any of the needed skills, then you can start here :). To tell truth, I also have never worked on a Mod....

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
Unimita said:
Right. The game is for Soldner: Secret Wars. The story is:

You already told us the story. What's actually in the mod? Realistic weapons (ugh)? Mutant powers? A big gun that shoots smaller guns that shoot bullets? You haven't even told us whether it's single player or multiplayer that I can see.

Unimita

Jul 5, 2003
England
Already explained why not.

Mod is single player, with a multi-player version maybe coming if it is popular.

Slightly more advanced weapons, since it is in the year 2045. *Adds that to the first post*

The reason I am not adding much, is since I want to know what the people want, not just what the Mod team fancy having.

Last edited:

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
ur looking for people to help with your ut2003 mod therefore u should of posted in the Mod Recuriment forum.

Also more people who are willing to help out etc will look in there, all you'll get here is putting down every little error they find

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
Unimita said:
Already explained why not.

Mod is single player, with a multi-player version maybe coming if it is popular.

Slightly more advanced weapons, since it is in the year 2045. *Adds that to the first post*

The reason I am not adding much, is since I want to know what the people want, not just what the Mod team fancy having.

So you're a mod team without an idea. :con: Well, at least it's a change from people with an idea (usually a crap one) without a mod team.

Unimita

Jul 5, 2003
England
ur looking for people to help with your ut2003 mod therefore u should of posted in the Mod Recuriment forum.

No, it isn't a Unreal Mod of any sort.

So you're a mod team without an idea. Well, at least it's a change from people with an idea (usually a crap one) without a mod team.

Not quite. I could give a load of ideas, but they would be mine, and perhaps not what other people want. Not quite a full Mod team, which is why I posted this in the first place ;).

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
So you want to make a mod ... except you seem to have no idea what it is supposed to be like, for a game that doesn't exist yet and of which no one knows how mod-able (is that a word ? if not then I demand we make it one right now) it is ?

And on top of that you're trying to recruit people in the UT'03-04 section of a forum that's dedicated to Unreal-engine games ?

Never mind that from the way Soldner is described on that site it's already somewhat in the future. All you'd be changing would be the weapons, which in a post-nuclear holocaust situation wouldn't be advanced (there'd be not enough tech left to maintain such items, read Twilight 2k/Merc 2k background to see what is really is like)

Unimita

Jul 5, 2003
England
Where to start?

For starters, I didn't put this in the UT Forums. I put it in the off-topic. Who's the wise guy?

Second, the game will be fully Mod-Able (yes, it should be a word), with the whole code being released after the game is out, which should be fairly soon.

Again, the reason I have not said much is that I want to know what the people in the community want. In the world, there are going to be two sides, the World Goverment, which still has money, and are on your side, and then there is the enemy, the 'Faction', who caused the war in the first place, but they are not so well equiped. However, one sides weakness will be made up for by a strength, forcing tactics.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
the topic still says " BeyondUnreal Forums > Unreal Engine > Unreal Tournament 2003-2004 > Postnuke Era - A Soldner Mod - Needing help!" on the link I've got here ...
See for yourself : http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?threadid=110454&goto=newpost

Developers claim lots of things (like : bugfree code, advanced AI, playable game on a 'minimum' system) ... it's usually when it's too late that mod-teams find out how much can be modified in reality.

I certainly wouldn't count on a sdk 'after release' as that might well be a few months to a year or more. "Soon" has about the same value as "When it's done!". Neither can be relied on.

The primary campaign already is what you've just described (small force vs large force / stealth & tactics required, etc.). I doubt that anyone would want that with a few graphics changed and a few guns using different models and sounds. Especially since the game already claims you can design your own camouflage & exact visual details in-game.

And last but not least :
it's your mod. You are going to spend a year or more of your spare time to work on every little detail. I'd pick something I'd liked instead of going by whatever 'the public' might want ...

Unimita

Jul 5, 2003
England
Yeah, I know it is there, but it was in Off-Topic before.

Maybe. Well, if it works, it works. If it doesn't, then I'll learn.