Posting 3rd Party Maps?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Enfyrneaux

Apr 4, 2002
Later this afternoon
Visit site
Hey guys (FluXs may remember me from way back looking for that AWOL D-Code for the AirFight2kX mod),

I will be making at least a few maps for DA2...while I have the facilities to host them (personal webserver, NaliCity, *coughFilePlanetcough* etc.), I had a few questions:

• If a fan map is awesome enough, will you guys link to it on your site?
  • Will additional high-quality fanmaps be included in future betas?
  • Is it a wise idea to make maps with the as-yet-unreleased vehicles in mind?
  • Will there be a forum section for user content?
  • Do you guys have any idea as to how many DA2 fanmappers are out there?

Thanks guys. I'm downloading the mod tomorrow.

MozTS

Us And Them
Sep 12, 2004
What about tutorials for mapping DA2?

I converted DM-Blackhawk for fun and the bots/spawning are giving me troubles.

Edit: sup Crash24, been awhile.

Enfyrneaux

Apr 4, 2002
Later this afternoon
Visit site
A mapping tutorial would be very interesting. I can't commit to anything, but I may have interest in writing one.

Waitaminute...you're not Mosquito, are you? :eek: :D
Crash24 promises to never tell the Infiltration mods nothin'

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
Hi crash!

WOAH, you do not know how much this pleases me, to hear people already want to start making fan maps! :D :D :D

I/we/absolut started making a mapping guide but it took back burner. TBH, i am going to be busy working on maps, otherwise I would love to create the mapping guide...

the best advice is for now (until the mapping guide is done) is to open up the maps and check them out, we can answer any of your questions and ill get ahold of BU to add a mapping section later,

Last edited:

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
It is, but the DA2 code is designed to be very flexible to allow mappers to create different types of gameplay (though beta 1.0 we kept the theme the same) :)

Bytekeeper

Last of the Brunnen G
Jul 15, 2001
Germany
Visit site
MozTS said:
What about tutorials for mapping DA2?
We're actually have plans to create a manual for mappers. I'm not sure how long it will take - so maybe one of our mappers is willing to do a short tutorial *hint hint* :D