Post Counts

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Should post count numbers be hidden?

• Yes - its spam promotion

Votes: 32 66.7%
  • No - I have a high post count and want to rub it in peoples faces

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
I think they should die. Its just an invitation for spam. Im sure all of you have noticed this. Otherwise people would not brag about there post counts or post so much.

Amanda

Banned
Nov 10, 2001
Institution
Yeah probably, because I just got this urge to start doing spam and stuff, and that's something I've never done on BuF. It's tempting, very tempting, so can we please get rid of the post count? Do it just like it was before, where the only way you could see the post count was to click their profile and look.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
dopesig10.png
;)

Clearly an oversight by the admins; this should be remedied soon.

DexterII

Overworked
Mar 22, 2001
Laboratory
www.ImAHosting.com
I've always been able to see postcounts in the style I use. Who really cares I like postcounts. Kinda shows whos been around longer and stuff without having to look at the joined date.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
DexterII said:
I've always been able to see postcounts in the style I use. Who really cares I like postcounts. Kinda shows whos been around longer and stuff without having to look at the joined date.

Speaking from experience, I can tell you that might not always be the case. :) It can also be evidence that someone's a spammer. :)

Amanda

Banned
Nov 10, 2001
Institution
ApostleX3000 said:
I had exactly 999 posts when the forums went down. This would've been my 1000th post.

Oh well, I never really cared about postcounts anyways.

Dayum!!!! I feel sowwy for you.

Dexter, I don't have very many posts and I have been here for a pretty long time. What do you have to say about that?

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
Joined date matters a bit, it shows you stick around and contribute to the community (without getting banned..phil :D ). post count does nothing but cause problems here. It's already starting in this thread. Die post counts. die. :)

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
ZenPirate said:
Joined date matters a bit, it shows you stick around and contribute to the community (without getting banned..phil :D ). post count does nothing but cause problems here. It's already starting in this thread. Die post counts. die. :)

/me seconds Zen :)

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Amanda said:
Yeah probably, because I just got this urge to start doing spam and stuff, and that's something I've never done on BuF. It's tempting, very tempting, so can we please get rid of the post count? Do it just like it was before, where the only way you could see the post count was to click their profile and look.
You have that little self control that a visible number is tempting you to spam?

That's seriously f***ed up.

FaT CaM

Not much...
Apr 5, 2002
¯\(˚_o)/¯ I DUNNO?
People judge you on appearence, so if you have 10000+ posts theyre going to think your one of those guys whos been there for ages and knows like...everything.

but then again a funny avatar and sig can work wonders.

Evc

Represent
Dec 22, 2001
Dreamland
www.fastlanehw.com
DexterII said:
You do have a good point there.

It also does promote spam to reach higher numbers. I dont care what mine is.

Status
Not open for further replies.