Possible SCRIM

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Friendly Scrim Confirmed

I am currently negotiating a SCRIM with are good friends over at {MOK}. We could possibly have a SCRIM for this Sun. Nite around 9PM. Sign up here if you can make yourself available. I need to know ASAP so I can work out the details with them.

Thanks TAZTG.. ;)

(Better SS) :lol:

**SCRIM CONFIRMED**
Who: BUAvsMOK (5v5)
When: Monday Night 8/11/03, 9PM.
Where: MOK Server
What & Why: TwinTombs & ?? (Still Waiting) the Tie Breaker is whats being Played at IGLNET.

Last edited:

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Would you stop using "ASAPLY"! It's not a true acronym! It's just "ASAP"!

Anyway, for me to commit to a Sunday night scrim, you'd have to set the time in stone and give me time to make arrangements. i.e. - don't ask me if I can make a "maybe" time.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
To the best of my knowledge... I will be free that night.

ED:
I can make it 9pm Monday night.​

Last edited:

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
OK, I think I can make a 9pm scrim, though I may not be able to be very early.

Edit - Doh! You switched the day on me! Of course I can make it after practice.

Last edited:

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
AX000 said:
I can fight Monday at the time listed. Sunday I was not available.

Thats Cool.
Here's the Maps.
1)-Twintombs
2)-Electricfields (They wanted Lavagiant or Electricfields, I said Fields was fine cause Giant Sucks)
3)-Use Mapvote or play whats on IGLNET as Tiebreaker. (Play no matter of the outcome of first two)
:D :D

AX, will send us a Teamspeak Command List. Short & Precise to keep chatter down.
Monday's Practice be used to warm up and have a walk through of the maps for the SCRIM. We need to go over our gameplan & plays, plus practice the Commands.
We will reaffirm who plays what position and what they should do for that particular map.

Frag Ya Later.. :)

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
In light of the second map choice (and I swear that people chose that map in the hopes that the frames will help them win), I would like to suggest we have non-required practices. We could meet at 7:15 like normal, tho we don't have to show up everyday before the actual scrim.
For example; there's no way I could be here tomorrow night... I have company coming. Tonight and sunday night shouldn't be a problem, however.
If anyone is up for this, let me know and I'll be here.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Thats just your Opinion BC, in my opinion Fields is better then Giant. We have practiced and actually Scrimed Fields more then Giant which is the main reason I hinted that fields would be OK.
All Three Maps (Face, Giant, Fields) Blow Huge Chunks but IMO Fields is better then the other 2. I am sure everyone has their own Favorite.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
TAZTG said:
Thats just your Opinion BC, in my opinion Fields is better then Giant. We have practiced and actually Scrimed Fields more then Giant which is the main reason I hinted that fields would be OK.
All Three Maps (Face, Giant, Fields) Blow Huge Chunks but IMO Fields is better then the other 2. I am sure everyone has their own Favorite.

Fields better than Face3?
uhmmm no way... I used to play Face3 on SanJose all the time, and even with the crappy ping and being a noob, I would come outta that map in the hundred point range.
Not to mention that compared to fields and giant, Face is tons more fun.

But like you said... IMO... ;)

Iceburgs

The Iceman Cometh....
Jul 22, 2002
Baltimore County, MD
Well, in my opinion, Face 3 was the worst excuse of a remake. Mainly because they took a great, fast map, and made it ridiculously slow and huge. It's weird because some of their maps seem to not take into account the whole larger-sized and faster characters, whereas others blow all that out of proportion. Whatever. I get better ping on ElecFields than on Giant, and there is more of a chance for redemption on Fields than on Giant. You know what I mean: you get nailed chasing, then the other team just pings away at the tunnels, though it isn't necessary, since it takes a good 30-45 seconds to get back through there anyway. Once again, another out-of-proportion map in comparison to the original. Anyway, as far as practicing the maps over the weekend, I don't think I will have the time. Sunday is Gabby's and my last day together till we get married. Well, now that I think about it, I might have time around 8pm. I will hopefully post on Sunday. Later!

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Bonecrusher said:
We also got our ass kicked on fields everytime...

Nothing like positive thinking BC.
If I remember correctly and by Gorge correct me if I am wrong.
We lost 1 time on Fields to BLT.
Ice is correct about Lavagiant, Its a hard to see on map, plus plays like Crap. I have never liked Face Maps but some versions play better then others. The Best Face Map ever Made is the new Version me and DEV played on the other day (NOT). Face Insane I think it was called. :eek: (By Far the Worse Map I have ever played)

Send us some Positive Vibes BC... BTW sense you are so concerned over the map choice does that mean you will be able to Frag??
If you are able to Frag by all means let us know.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Where are the demos!!??!!??!!??

This is starting to remind me of Epic...
2 weeks!​

ED:​

I've heard there are proggies that can convert .dem files to avi/mpeg/wmf, etc... anyone know where to find one of those?​

Last edited: