Possible Release Date?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ReligiousZealot9

Sep 14, 2005
Maine
Alright, you're all bound to notice I'm new and before you assume by the title I'm demanding a release date, that's not the case. I merely have a few questions about it. Is the mod going to be released in October for the "Make Something Unreal Contest" or am I reading into things? My other question is are there any idea(s) as to when the mod is going to be released other than the classic response "when it's done"?

I am just curious and by all means take the time you need, I can wait. I played the original Defence Alliance for UT and I can't wait to play DA2. I know I've been rather quiet about things, but Defence Alliance 2 looks like it's going to blow Red Orchestra out of the water in terms of replayability and fun (at least for me :D). Best of luck to you guys and I'll be renewing my Fileplanet subscription once your mod comes out :).

DA|aBsOlUt

DA GOD
Oct 24, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
Well allow me to answer your questions:

The mod will be released before October 10th 2005, but not to participate in "Make Something Unreal Contest" which is completed. However, we will participate in "Indendent Game Developer" contest, you can find a thread right below that includes a URL.

Regarding DA2 and its current status. The mod is fairly complete, we are actually polishing up everything regarding the mod. The only part that is NOT complete which are waiting to be, is our GUI system. It replaces UT2004 one completely and with it our mod gets an overall more professional as well as better look. So, it is really "when the GUI is done" rather than "when its done" ;).

Hopefully the above answers your questions.

ReligiousZealot9

Sep 14, 2005
Maine
Wow, thanks for the speedy reply and answers, glad to hear everything is going good. I'll just keep my eyes peeled on the main page of here and Planet Unreal for the release, maybe I'll be first in line, hehe :D.

On a side note, will there be an e-mail news letter going out to those who registered regarding the release date when it is known? College can kind of tie you down with studying and classes so you don't have a lot of time to browse the internet :p.

ReligiousZealot9

Sep 14, 2005
Maine
Not to sound pushy, but do guys have a list of features to be included in the first release yet? :)

I'm sorry, I'm just really excited about the impending release (haven't been excited about a mod release like this since Day of Defeat) :D.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
*remenisces over DoD 2.0 release*

Back on topic; I hope DA2 will be what i hope it to be! Not so fast walking speeds as vanilla ut2k4, a tad realism and infantry feeling.

Good luck ;)

DA|aBsOlUt

DA GOD
Oct 24, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
DA2 is a nice mix of realism and fun, respawn times are accurately chosen based on the advantages of a class, a sniper that stays usually back dies harder from grenade explosions thats why he gets a bigger respawn delay. On the other hand, infantry players will very often die upfront and their delay is much shorter.

ReligiousZealot9

Sep 14, 2005
Maine
Uh oh...I sense that Defence Alliance 2 might be having to compete with the release of DoD:Source...ARGH! I'm going to be torn between playing two of the most excellent mods out there *rips hair out after making Bill & Ted reference*.
Well, in all seriousness, can't wait to play this mod...looks to be very, very good. Might have to get my dorm buddies playing it (they're already sick of me talking about it ;) )

Jackal239

The Smacker of n00bs
Here's the feature list from the Beta Testers corner:

*Features on Release* Edition 1.33.7

-No more grenades (too difficult to code, so we made a wrist rocket launcher instead)
-No female player models (the models we had were "Indecent" and were found to be too distracting to gameplay)
-Infinite Ammo (we said screw it to that whole ammunition thing, spray and pray boys)
-Buy System (we decided to throw in a buy system at the last moment, just for the helluvit)
-Everyone gets a pie if they die 8 times (My idea!)
-Naked Male Models (Makes it painful to aim)
-Hostage rescue

We hope you enjoy these new and innovative features!

Bytekeeper

Last of the Brunnen G
Jul 15, 2001
Germany
Visit site
Lol honestly ... if I werenen't the lead coder and therefore have the game already... I would believe you.
I even had to jump 3 times into the game to reveal the truth:
YOU SIR ARE A LIAR! :eek:

Kezarim

Dog Soldier
Aug 5, 2005
Germany
Jackal, you forgot about deh kittens, which are our new monsters - everything else was too difficult to model.

ReligiousZealot9

Sep 14, 2005
Maine
Hot damn! I can't wait to kill some kittens, and the infinite ammo is an awesome idea! Is there any plans to add a dildo launcher in future releases?

In all seriousness, glad to know the dev team have a good sense of humor :p.

spec_x

DA2 Project Lead/Level Designer
Dec 10, 2002
Redmond, WA
the kittens now have a special class ability, they bat their little eyes and marines become instantly paralyzed and kill themselves, it's really neat-o!