"Portal" Crash On Latest nVidia Drivers?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
This was a big problem with the beta drivers too, and apparently Nvidia never bothered fixing it. Whenever you see a portal, like the one on Deck or Gateway, the game instantly crashes. Does anyone have a solution or should I just rollback my drivers?

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Everyone seems to have problems running the newest drivers, the only game I've had problems with it in is Mass Effect. UT3, l4d, Quack3, everything else runs perfectly. :/

Rolling back your drivers to 17x is probably your only option Full.

DazJW

Mar 25, 2008
My PC crashes after 5-10 minutes of gameplay on the latest drivers and has other issues on the second latest drivers, I've gone back to 178.24 and it's fine again.

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
The stranges thing is I managed to fix it for a wile by doing a scandisck on the drive with UT3 on it. Then it spat at me and did it again a day later. I think its simething Nvida need to look into.

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
Currently running 181.22 with GeForce 285GTX. The fix that I had to do was to go to the UT3 UI and click Video>Advanced and change the screen percentage from 100% to 98%. Haven't seen a single crash since. I couldn't go back to 17x.xx series because they don't support my card.