[POLL] Do you have an EAX-enabled sound card?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jon Merriman

May 21, 2001
Spokane, WA
www.dualitymedial.com
While this poll topic may seem off-topic I assure you my intentions are very Infiltration related.

1) Do you have an EAX-enabled sound card? (If so, which one?)

2) Do you have a quadraphonic (4 speakers, 1 subwoofer) or surround (5.1) speaker system for your computer? (... and does your sound card support surround)?

I'd use the actual poll system but I'm hoping for slightly more detailed answers.

LCJr.

Apr 14, 2001
Visit site
Nope. I have permenant hearing damage from real guns and factory work so a "killer" sound system isn't one of my priorities.

El cheapo-Creative Ensoniq AudioPCI with imitation A3D.
Even cheaper RadioShack stereo headphones so I can crank the volume to an acceptable level for me and still not wake the neighbors.

arsenicpants

Damn proud of his AMC Gremlin
Jul 15, 2000
Visit site
indeed i do
same as Los Pescados, sound blaster live value

and i have a 3 speaker surround, 2 speakers, 1 woofer
Altec Lansing makes good shizzo

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
not even sure what my card is, but i DO know it is a piece of crap. Ask people who play with me online. Some days i will be yelling about my "sound fuzzing out", which is an extremly annoying crackle followed by total silence for 20-30 seconds. Gets me killed all the time.

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
no. I have an external Fujitsu USB audio hub. I don't know about the sound but it sure is a good-looking shiny piece of......plastic.

deck

Jan 23, 2001
Yup

SB live also but I dont use EAX in game, and disable 3d sound hardware in game to get more performance. I just where head phones now,m to help al ittle.

Lolo Konijn

Huppel huppel
Jul 30, 2000
The Netherlands
I have a sb Live! player + the CL DDT2500

And I have a question:
what does the surround option do? I currently play in the 4 spk mode off my speakerset and was wondering if I could use a 5.1 dolby digital option...

Jon Merriman

May 21, 2001
Spokane, WA
www.dualitymedial.com
The surround sound option causes the Galaxy audio subsystem to output Dolby AC-3 encoded (surround sound) sound data. It does give you surround sound but it sounds like ****. UT's 3D audio option doesn't really do a whole lot and doesn't produce surround sound like it should.

Pretorious

IH8GOP
Jan 2, 2001
Got EAX enabled on a SB-Live! X-Gamer sound card with Cambridge Soundworks Quad speakers plus subwoofer.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Sound Blaster Live! Digital.
With Cambridge Soundworks FPS 2500

[edit]
Yes, I use EAX. :) Luv to heard the enhenced bullets and weapon sounds.
[/edit]

Antedeluge

I survived the flood of 2000 B.C.
Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
I have the SBLive! Platinum(old one, not 5.1) and I have Altec Lansing ACS54 speakers. 4-point surround + subwoofer and dang good sound for under $50. I have 3D sound enabled, and it rules.

Yaweh_

Mar 19, 2001
SB Live! Value, Altec Lansing ACS-somethingorothers. 2-sp. 1 sub, HW 3D sound enabled. Creative EAX UT subsystem-thingamaboberdoohicky installed.

AssaultSniper

Aug 16, 2000
SB16 baby!!!

I've got myself a classic Sound Blaster 16. Man I love this baby! It may not have all the bells and whistles newer cards may have, but I have had this card for years and it has always worked... not a single problem at all. It has the basicas as well as Full Duplex so that's really all I need. A very solid card indeed. With all the problems I've heard recently about Sound Blaster Live! cards having problems in some games I have been hesitant about upgrading. Maybe I'll go for a Hercules Game Theater XP sometime... but for now I'm still not convinced I want something newer. SB16 baby!!!