---| POLL: CTF-Bot-AI |---

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bugman

Dec 8, 1999
Visit site
Have you ever played a CTF-match against a team of bots??? ;(
I've noticed that they 'never'!!! make a coordinated attack, they always run one after the other into your base, it sucks!!! /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

It works so great in Assault, why can't it be the same in CTF???

Really, the bots are no competion in a CTF-match!!! ;( /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

---If you've ever tried out, what's your opinion, I think it's one of the worst parts in the game.

A team of bots is like a army of puppets with their strings cut off.

Bugman

Dec 8, 1999
Visit site
Damn, I have closely forgotten it!!! /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

A horse is a horse,
of course, of course!!!
And noone can talk to a horse,
of course!!!

OOOPPPPPSSSS, off-topic. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

ShadowGoose

Dec 4, 1999
Toronto, ON, Canada
Visit site
It sounds like you need to turn up the AI a bit. I play CTF all the time against the bots, and I will admit that they like to line up and charge, but I have seen some very well coordinated attacks(Lavagiant comes to mind). They certainly are good enough for me!

My 2 cents(minus .5 cents for GST and another .4 cents for PST...oh damn, this is getting expensive /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

GetFried!!!

Dec 2, 1999
Visit site
I love the bots. Last night Myself and 2 other Guardsmen played a 4 vs 4. (The 3 of us and 1 Bot against 4 Bots.) At First we smoked them, then I cranked up the Diffculty, and man oh man they made one spectacular come back run, forcing us to change our strat for the map. Once I saw their coordinated attacks it forced us to use 2 D and 2 O. We ended up holding on to our lead. The point is if the Bots are just letting you win crank up the skill level YOU WILL SEE SOME AMAZING STUFF. And I am not talking no miss aim here either. I am talking about how sneaky they are at times, How co-ordinated they can be. I have seen them hold a lead by going to a 3 D 1 O set. Forcing us to use a 3 O to counter. I love the bots.

bullet2.gif

{CG}GetFried!!!

www.crimsonguard.com
Crimson Guard Unreal Tournament Division
Chaos, Panic And Disorder...My Work Here Is Done.

*juji fruit*

Ions

Nov 30, 1999
Visit site
I agree with GetFried. One of my favorite games is CTF-November with 15 bots, with the difficulty cranked. It's great... some will set up a defense, and others will attack with me. It blew me away the first few times I went for the blue flag, and discovered that their defensive tactics had changed on me!

(-)Ions