please help, I sill cant get XMP to work!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaSwIcK

Mar 13, 2004
I've read some other threads about some ppl patched the installer and it worked for them without having U2 installed. I have u2 installed and the newest patch, I downloaded the XMP file from this site and the 7710 patch. But when I going to install it it says I need the play disc but that is already in my drive.
What im supposed to do? :(

here's my email, just in case: vea_fridhly@hotmail.com

Blackavar

Sentient Killing Machine
Jan 30, 2004
York, UK
Hmm. I've followed your tribulations in the previous thread, and rather hoped you'd been able to get it working. I can only really tell you how my setup was installed - which I've done twice now 'cos I accidentally massacred one of the map files.

I'm running Win XP Pro, I'm installing everything to a games-dedicated drive partition (drive E:, not that that should make any difference), and I'm starting with the original version of Unreal 2.

First Unreal 2 got installed to E:\Unreal2 - I believe this was then patched to the latest version. Next I installed the U2XMP downloaded installer (u2xmp_6497_usa.exe) to E:\U2XMP; it is my belief that I hadn't got the Unreal 2 play CD in the drive either time I did this, and had to insert it when prompted, after which the installation proceeded fine. This installed version was then patched using the 7710 patch file (6497-7710_u2xmp.exe). I've since added the Beta Community Bonus Pack and most recently the full release of the CBP, but those make no difference to whether XMP installs correctly or not.

Any of that any use? I hope so, it's a shame to see someone who obviously really wants to join the XMP roller-coaster having such difficulties! :(

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
1> Delete Unreal 2 and XMP and restart
2> Run Toni Arts Easy Cleaner and clean up your registry.
3> Restart
4> Install U2 or XMP to a new folder
5> Patch
6> Play

Demo_Boy

Incindiary
Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
You don't need to have U2 installed to install or play XMP.

The XMP installer asks for the play disc of unreal 2, otherwise U2 is not needed at all.

MaSwIcK

Mar 13, 2004
Thanks for the tips, I will try and install it as the way u guys did.
I let u know how it goes.

MaSwIcK

Mar 13, 2004
doh, Its not working :( . I used the cleaner and all.. I think it might be something wrong with my play disc. Is there anyway (sry legend) to get pass the cd check on the install?

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
Out of interest, how are your drives setup?
I believe XMP looks for the disc in a certain drive letter ( not sure but it might be D:, i will test this after i get back from work)
If you have multiple hard drives/optical drives, you may need to juggle them using Windows Disk management snapin (win2k/XP). Hope this info helps a bit :)

Demo_Boy

Incindiary
Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Maswick: I know there is a crack for retail XMP floating around on the crack sites. Its a "DOS" crack that removes the installer cd check. Whatever that means.

Or I think you could install it on another machine, then copy it to a CD and then into your proper computer, then run the md5 rebuild batch file in the system directory.

Its a lot of work but it is worth it.

PS XMP retail won't install off of a downloaded U2 ISO -- so if your play disk is warez that's why its not working for you.

PSS I bought U2 at retail.

MaSwIcK

Mar 13, 2004
DeaJae I got one dvd drive at D: and one burner at E: and a fake at F:
and Demo_Boy I also bought the game.

I tryed to use both D: and E: but I still get that message.
I got one other computer I could install it on, I'll try that.

MaSwIcK

Mar 13, 2004
Hey I went down to the store that I bought the game from and I asked if I could switch my u2cds to another u2cds and he said Ok sure, he asked why and I told him anyways When I got back home I deleted the XMP files and I downloaded it again and now it WORKED!!!! :D

Thanks for all ur help, I really appriciate it :D
See you on the field! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.