Playing (inf) in line

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
F

farrp

Please explain to me how to start and join an inf multiplayer game. I wan't to play with two other friends and no one else. I tried going to Multiplayer>Start Game>Dedicated Server. Only thing is that I can join but no one else can. On the other end my game doesn't show on the server list. Should i have another catagory other than (Deathmatch, Darkmatch, Coop...ect) the ones I Started with.
Any help would be great, but please go step by step so i don't get confused. I'm new to on-line gaming
Thank you in advance,
New Guy

W

Warren

in order to play online with just your friends, they need to know your IP address. One way I get this is through ICQ- they can check out your 'info' from ICQ if you have it. There are other ways, depending on what programs you use, but basically once they have your IP address, they can select Multiplayer from Unreal, then Join. Once that GUI window pops up, they can enter your IP address into that line. You should have a multiplayer game started. That should do it- Catalyst and I play around all the time, one on one- fairly smooth playing on a relatively small map even with 56k connections.

F

farrp

But how come it doesn't show on the server lists, or is it not supposed to?