PC Gamer Feb Issue WARNING! big pics!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MxFxSunrise

Jul 21, 2000
Looking in from the outside
>_<

The only thing wrong with anything about UT is the fact I have to save money to upgrade for it >_< I won't have enough money until september, and the game comes out in June. Anyone know any quick ways to get cash (legality doesn't matter) altough I am opposed to slinging crack. . . . ahh what the hell I'll even do that for UT2.

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
/me echoes Sunris's semtiments.

I won't have money to spen don upgrading m vid card until bou tNovember.

I'm reasonably happy with my P111 1gig, but my Matrox g400, as good as it is with UT, it's not going to hack U2 or UT2. No way.

Dai

Orgasmetron
Apr 2, 2000
Finding a new low
Visit site
Originally posted by fragswill
One specific "prefab" will only be loaded into the memory once, no matter how many copies of it you place in the map. That's how they get the high poly-counts.

And i thought the original UnrealEd was newbie friendly.

AFAIK prefabs are several brushes grouped together to form a segement of a corridor, for example. They're lit and can probably have particle generators and path nodes as well (although that's a guess)

Static meshes (aka hardware brushes) works like you said they do though.

Making stuff using DE's prefabs is very "newbie friendly", but making 100% original content is alot more demanding than with ued 2.0 ... but then, you can do a whole lot more now.