Path/Node question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NutWrench

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
Hi,
After I create my nodes and paths, how do I manually create a new path between 2 pathnodes or sever the link between 2 nodes?
Also, what do the link colors signify? I've noticed some are red and some are blue.

--Nut

NarkyBark

Nov 25, 1999
Boston, MA, USA
www.clock.org
I'm not sure what you mean by manually insert a path node- the path nodes are created when you use the "define paths" command. If a path is not being created somewhere you want, slap another path node in the middle of the line somewhere. To remove them is trickier,
I think- Try moving nodes slightly further apart, or slightly out of view of each other if possible.
The colors are from Unreal- the skaarj model was larger than the humans, and had a harder time with some paths. At least I think that was the reason, if I remember correctly... *shrug* /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Ya, distance plays a role with pathnodes. Too close and they don't like each other, too far and they don't connect.

Like NarkyBarky said, you can't manually create the paths, only the pathnodes.

The different color paths go like this. Red is good, Blue is best.

NutWrench

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
Thanks!

I had one other question, too. Is there a command you can type into the Editor log window that will erase all the path/nodes and let you start over?

* Fun stuff: There's a game cheat that works with pathnoded maps. At the game console typing 'rememberspot' will memorize your location relative to the nearest pathnode. When you type 'showpath' in the console later, the pathnodes become visible (represented by a lamp symbol) to guide you back to the original location.

--Nut