"package Blah mismatch"???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Streaks

Crunchings and munchings!
Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
Arg, help, I'm playing at my bud's house and I keep get'n "version mismatch" errors when I try to connect to a server. I know I'm sounding like a total nubie but I need a hand here!

Thanks!!

Streaks/A Hapless Victem :D

Prowler

"Building Better Worlds"
Jul 6, 2000
Canada
I understand a few people(including myself) get mismatches when they are running manorfarm.

Scuddie

I am probably better than you.
Sep 29, 2001
Sacramento, CA
Visit site
solution:

1) Go into "UnrealTournament\Infiltration\Sounds" dir
2) Rename the MF.uax to something like MF.bak
3) Goto a server that is running Manor Farm and let it download the MF.uax
4) enjoy playing Manor Farm online :)

karsh

Y2KHippy-Karsh or WW2Hippy-Karsh
May 24, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
damn that was eaisy
hmmm do you know how to fix the nworld mismatch for Chaesm???

I've even full installed it on my second comp and copyed the files over...
not to mention re-installing all the map packs several times over on my main Inf deck

Streaks

Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
Well, I'm at work atm, but I do remember that MF wasn't one of the ones that I tried to play that day. I want to say the ones that didn't work were like, Chasem (on one server, worked on another), and I think Bellfast(sp) but don't quote me on those as again, I was at a friend's house.

They weren't anything unusual. The standard INF selections. And, the one server I tried later on another map and it worked just fine but when it rotated to the one map I got dumped *shrug*

I dunno, I don't play online at home at all because of my modem woes so, I just play at my chummer's house on his DSL LAN ; )

Thanks for any input tho!!!

::edit::
Actually, I was thinking, is there any way that I can force my client to download the different version or whatever package it is that's mismatched??
::end edit::

Streaks/A Hapless Victem

Streaks

Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
Ya I know...just a pain is all. I'd really like to have an option to download/redirect to things that mismatch like that.

Oh well...

Streaks (a.k.a A Hapless Victem)

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
The reason why you get mismatch error on Manor Farm is that there are 2 different versions of the map. The only difference is one map has the .uax-file of a dog barking, the other don't.

The universal soulution to any mismatch-error is this (at least it works for me) : Locate the mismatch-file is your UT-folder and simply delete it. Next time you connect to a server running the map you got the mismatch on, the server will automaticly send you the correct file and put it in the correct folder. ;)

Happy Fragging :D