P90 with laser sight

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Papos-x

He's the sweetest. Just never cross his path.
Jun 25, 2001
Somewhere
Visit site
laser.jpg

The FN-P90 has the laser aim sight on to it so i think it should go into the game because it is mad hard to try to aim with the P90 with out it!!

peep

peep==class
Jul 13, 2001
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
You don't need the sight to aim the P90. It's gotta be one of the easiest to aim already (no offense meant to anyone). I would much rather see the efforts of the team going to the SOCOM with suppressor. Now that is a develish weapon.:)

Zach10k

The AeroMaggot
Apr 6, 2001
NY
Visit site
yeah, P90 with laser sight would be tight, but that can wait... I personally can't wait to get my greasy fingers on the minimi:D

peep

peep==class
Jul 13, 2001
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Too true, the minimi will definately be an "experience."

Back to the P90. How would that actually look throught the sights, cause it already has a red dot there. There's no scope, so there's no reason to shoot from the hip. How would the laser sight help out? That's what confuses me. I think it would be cool & all, but I never use a laser sight right now cause it gives you away in the exact same spots that it could actually be helpful (close quarters & dark areas). I think they should scrap the flashlight & put an extended clip on the P90 (I have no idea whether that exists or not). That would rule. It would be like the AK drum without the kick. Plus, a P90 at close range is something akin to a chain saw anyways, it would be fantastic.

JamesT

sniper apprentice
Jun 25, 2001
Taiwan
inf.dearhoney.idv.tw
Although I myself always take a Five-seveN with my primary sniper rifle, I think a sniper taking a P90 is acceptable.

P90 is designed by FN as a PDW. It is small and light enough to be a secondary weapon. I remember some ex-military person has posted in the forum that when an automatica weapon is necessary in a mission, a sniper also can take a very-light automatic weapon ( aka PDW ). The advantage of a PDW like MP5PDW or P90 is more fire power. The disadvantage include the bulk ( bugged in v2.86 ), the cost ( not implemented well enough ), and a longer access/ready time ( not implemented yet ).

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
I enjoy the laser sight on the SIG Swat even in aim mode, as it helps me aim. But if you can't aim with the "iron" sights of the p90, then why bother even using it?

JamesT

sniper apprentice
Jun 25, 2001
Taiwan
inf.dearhoney.idv.tw
Originally posted by The_Fur
the robar weighs 11kg that makes any other weapon a nono, especially since you also want ammunition for that robar.
Yeah, Fur is right.

I just can't get why the team adopt the RC50 as the main sniper rifle for INF in the first place.

RC50 is just way too bulky ( not only its weight but also its size ). It is more a good tactical anti-material weapon than a good sniper rifle.

I think if we "explain" that the current RC50 in game is only a "thing" which represents a normal bolt-action sniper rifle ( actually it seems to be ), we won't feel that odd about it.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
i'd rather not, by that same logic you could explain how UT is a highly realistic tactical simulation, if you only thought hard enough :D

The robar would be fine if it got the apropriate characteristics (IE ability to damage certain objects) abnd the apropriate bulk etc.

JamesT

sniper apprentice
Jun 25, 2001
Taiwan
inf.dearhoney.idv.tw
Originally posted by The_Fur
i'd rather not, by that same logic you could explain how UT is a highly realistic tactical simulation, if you only thought hard enough :D

The robar would be fine if it got the apropriate characteristics (IE ability to damage certain objects) abnd the apropriate bulk etc.
That must be VERY hard... :D

OK, anyway, the current in-game RC50 really works like a normal sniper rifle. It's not zeroed at 1000m, it has no real anti-material ability ( only strange "break door" ability ), it's not very bulky ( M16+ACOG is more bulky than RC50 in game ), its ballistics is not like a .50-calibur, etc etc. Only its name and its appearance ( length ) are not like a normal sniper rifle.

[edit] Oh, the only thing the in-game RC50 and a real one are alike is that it can incapacitate a personnel by hitting a limb.

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by peep
It would be like the AK drum without the kick.

NO!!!!!!
ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!!!!

the AK drum had allready made spray and pray the dominant tatic

we do NOT need need a spray and pray gun that is eazy to aim in full auto

Originally posted by The_Countess

NO!!!!!!
ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!!!!

the AK drum had allready made spray and pray the dominant tatic

we do NOT need need a spray and pray gun that is eazy to aim in full auto

Spray and pray happens in real war, right?

A realistic counter to it would involve limiting ammo supply per map (or per mission with EAS); waste ammo and you won't have enough in the next round. We can then eliminate the current rather draconian ammo-carry limits in favor of a "whatever you can really carry" system. Something like the X-Com system, as discussed elsewhere on these boards.