Overclock

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Panja

Nov 28, 2000
Visit site
Hello guys i have a question. I have a PII with 350mhz and motherboard running at 100mhz. Can i overclock it so my motherboard runs @ 112mhz. I know it's possible but is it good? And maybe you can give me some sites with good info.

Tnx in advance.
Greetings Panja

Boogey

Talvin Singh fanboy
Aug 31, 2000
Visit site
Whheeeeeeee....

I'm gonna attempt a pretty hardcore overclock today.. running the bx-chipset at 150mhz fsb... would take my p3-600e to 900mhz... the geforce SHOULD be able to take 100mhz agp port speed.. the pci devices will run at ~40 mhz tho... let's hope my hd's can take it...

cryco

Quasi-Genius
Nov 23, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Visit site
hey Boogey, make sure your ram can alos handle this. I f you have pc 100, it may not like 150Mhz. On the other hand, if you have pc133, you should be a fine. A buddy of mine oc's his 133 bus to to 152 succesfully. I get my celery 600 up to 800.
BEWARE ALL YOU OC'ers. Increase you core voltage. The chip requires the extra juice, but then again, you already knew that, right?
Ya, the GEforce can handle at least 95 (on my system), so 100 should be possible.
COOling, cooling cooling. Proper cooling won't necessarily let you go higher, but will make your succesful overclocked frequency more stable. Trust me.
Hint: leave your case wide open, near a window with a cold draft.

cryco|PuF

Boogey

Talvin Singh fanboy
Aug 31, 2000
Visit site
Pfffftt....

The darn piece of crap refused anything above 140mhz.. I could've used a beep-to-english translation table of all the strange noices the poor motherboard uttered whilst refusing to boot... crybaby....

Oh well...

Mohamz

Super SAIYA-JIN
Oct 10, 2000
Earth!
Visit site
You have to use a Fan like this one, or it will not run:
cpufan.jpg

;)