Outside map tuts

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
you need 3 things - max, a copy of the ea t3d tool and the knowledge of how the uvw unwrap modifier works. The first 2 can be aquired in various ways, the 3rd is explained in any introductary book on max.

There are other ways of doing it but they're far inferior, it all depends how much effort you're willing to put into making your terrain :)

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
akuma, HELLO wake up ^_^

you know not all of us have the connection 2 dl it illigal or the money 2 buy a legal one.

as david told me, practice with the terrainbrush, so u wont have 2 learn other stuff, and its a great tool, david made some 1337 stuff with it, and i know u can 2 akuma, no need 2 use max...

i dont know any tuts on it, but just practice with it, and youll get along fine :)

Mambo

Metallica Head
Mar 25, 2000
Melbourne, Australia
or u could just use the 2d shape ed - check this out:

all done with 2d shape editor - only drawback is that your 'walls' are vertical, but that is not a huge issue IMHO

Mambo

Metallica Head
Mar 25, 2000
Melbourne, Australia
unfortunately, using 2D ed means u can't have not straight walls - i also didn't really like that, but can't really do anything about it - will put smoke at bottom of water fall, but the lines are unfortunately, to my knowledge, are sort of there to stay, with terrain like that - does it really look that bad? I didn't really think of it as a major issue...

dominado

Oct 13, 2001
Mithrill Hall
Visit site
almost pressed new topic button again!

they are right about the walls being flat, but it is cool. Making outdoor maps is hard. I just subtract a bunch from a cone shapes to try and makes mountains, then intersect a big brush around it.
tell me if u guys like this, also if the map is designed well. I havent done too much detail so just disreguard how plain it looks. does anyone use the vertex editor? it meeses ut up for me. i mean i can fall throught the floor sometimes, into nothiness, or there is some invisible shape blocking the way.