Origins of your nick, con't.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

peachz

BANNED
Sep 7, 2001
Mmmm... zen....
I know we just had this a few months ago but with the influx of newbies into the forum community I just thought it'd be interesting to start another thread of this nature. Here goes -

I run and I came home and my sister said I smelled like ****. I said she smelled like roses herself, then she came back with something stupid about peaches. So, I kept the name but when I came to BuF 'peaches' was taken, hence the 'z'. Plus it reminds me of females. [Mmmm...females]

dapngwnman

is a gamer
Mar 19, 2001
NYC
um...such long time ago cant remember...
i believe it was english class and penguins are cool so hence da penguin man shortned into my name now...then i shortned it some more...then some more and got to dap after like 2 years :)

Sidewinder

Sep 11, 2001
Canada
Visit site
i was joining my first r6 clan....i needed a better name, so i chose rogue, after rogue spear (it want out for mac at that time.)
sideiwnder i just kinda..picked, as a new forum name after i left gat.

BlAcK_PlAgUe22

I ooze.
Jul 30, 2001
Irvine, California
plague.vze.com
Some gay (really was) guy mentioned that e wanted black plague on b.net, so it stuck with me when i needed a name. When there became more then 1 black plague, i added 22. Don't ask about the number, i have no clue why i picked it. :eek:

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Hmm...
Well I used to be a bunch of names back on my AOL days....Modvark1, Struepel, MarathonIN. Then I got rid of AOL and got a PC...no more Marathon. So LifesBane just kinda came to my head, probably partially influenced by a Batman book I had read and the "Bane" skin in Unreal 1 :)

DragonStryke

Feb 17, 2002
www.geocities.com
I've always had a certain affinity for dragons. So one day I was sitting trying to come up with a name for a mecha in a show I want to produce. Out popped Dragon Stryke... and so I took the name for myself, while gaming.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
FIRINGAIMLESSLY: From the infamous Hong Kong action movie subtitle, "I'll fire aimlessly if you don't come out!" Yelled frequently during my old Quake 1 and LAN Bolo days in high school. There used to be a space, but Quake only allows so many characters... now as two words it just looks kinda weird...

BLIND MACHINEGUNNER: Natural extension of the above, but originally a title of a quasi-Dawkins pastiche I never got around to writing.

LEECH: I'm an unreprentant mooch.

ARISTOHIRUDES: Messy Latin/Greek conglomerate, originally designed to loosely mean "Prince of Leeches" ("best" in terms of nobility.)

OTTO DA FÉ: Had the nickname "Otto" in German class. Was browsing through the A section of the dictionary one night looking for puns and found "auto-da-fé."

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Yurch is an orc.

My friends called me the keganator at a party they atteneded (but didn't invite me to :() because they said it was better if I didn't show up; being the keganator, I'd have drunk all the beer. :D

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
DEFkon is a different incarnation of a really old nick i used to use.

back in the days when arcades didn't suck, my friends and i use to visit this place once or twice a week, and spend a few bucks (back then games weren't like 2 bucks to play like they are now lol).

anyway the people that ran the place never reset the machines, so your score would stay up till someone beat it.

And of course I was a master at this one particular game ( i think it was Street Fighter 2 normal edition.) So my initials were always at the top.

But the thing is my real initials are a pain to enter (espically on a well used joystick, with a short countdown timer) since they're at the begining, middle and then end of the alphabet

So.. i got lazy and started using DEF, and everyone knew it was me.

So when i went online i used DEF, and when i started playing multiplayer games like Quake, i started adding the suffix kon, hence DEFkon, cause it sounded all military-ish, which at the time wasn't really my style, but now.. well i guess it's as good as any discriptive nickname.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
Back some years ago, I was searching a name to play Duke Nukem (or was it Blood?) whith a friend of mine
And this guy had several movies poster in his bed room
One of Freddy
and one of The Professional known as Leon in France
Freddy + Leon -> Freon

It's also a freezing gas used for many many things like bombing, destroying the ozone layer

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
Hey, cool nickname story !!!
As for myself, Max Sterling is the guy in my signature, he's a top-notch pilot in an anime space serie, called Robotech or Macross, depends on the country.
The STW stands for Silver Talon wing, a FreeSpace2 squadron that was my first step in the online gaming universe. I kept it as a tribute to this squadron as well as a way to differentiate me from the leader of the Robotech FreeSpace2 mod i'm in, which nickname is Lt.Max Sterling :D

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Here we go again....

Cut&paste from the old thread...

Canadian role-playing game that I played in the 80's and 90's called SkyRealms of Jorune. Check their site for the full story...

http://www.jorune.org

http://www.jorune.org/timeline.html#colony

Jorune is a planet of the far future, where humans came to colonized, lost contact with their homes on Earth, fought the natives and alien races for control of the planet ... and lost. The technology of the colonists and the isho-technology of the native Shantha combined in terrible ways and drove all of the races to the most primitive survival levels.

For us, Jorune begins 3500 years after the Human-Shanthic War and the surviving races, mustations and genetically engineered species, are rising to the level of city-states and nations. Armies have moved in conquest and treaties hold a fragile peace in a new Golden Age.

A few caches of weapons and technology from the ancient Earth Colony have been found. The Shantha have revived their cultural sophistication within the mystic energy that surrounds Jorune - the Isho.

Under the seven moons of Jorune there is room for a lifetime of adventures.

Come to Jorune.

Leave Your World Behind.

Woffens have been created by a genetical engineer (Iscin) along with other new species (Bronth, Tologra, Crugar,...) to help humanity survive in an hostile world. The woffen experience was a bit ****ed up. Altough kind to humans, they only think in playing, drinking alcohol, fighting and sex...hence my name. :D

Grunt11Bravo

[AFA6]
Dec 20, 2001
US-Michigan
**EDIT**

well crap, can't link in old thread.

ok, anyway: grunt =slang for infantryman; 11B or 11Bravo = Army's MOS designator for the Infantry job skill.

Uppity

Apr 17, 2001
NE England (We hang monkeys)
Visit site
Back in my old Quakeworld Team Fortress days, I joined a clan themed on the "Mr Men" childrens books by Roger Hargreaves.

We all took characters from those books. I was Mr Uppity(from my l337 grenade/rocket jumping skills)

Troubleshooter

Aug 5, 2000
The Netherlands
Troubleshooter: i got this name from my highschool classmates who started called me there troubleshooter whenever they needed some info about games, computers and more often when there PC broke down and i came along to fix it :)

PS: before that my nickname used to be Cobra11 :D booooooorriinggg i know i know. :p

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Originally posted by -reaper-
remember the horned reaper from dungeon keeper?
well yeah, exactly

Hehe. Horned Reaper or just 'Horny' as the dungeon dwellers like to call him. Altough never to his face... :D

I'm glad that I bought the english version of that game. The only thing I liked about the german version is the name of one of the traps. Indy Trap instead of Boulder Trap. And for some reason I don't like DK2...

*edit*
Might aswell post the origin of my nic. It's the first name of Hadmar von Wieser, an author who has a writing style that I realy like. The name seems to be oooooold german and seems to has the meaning "Berühmt im Kampf" - "Famous in battle" (probably a stoopid translation). However, I choosed it couse it sounds good (in my ears anyway :D ) and not for the meaning.

Last edited: