Online RPG

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

knowledge of self

Urban Scientist
Jan 22, 2002
UK
Visit site
has anyone thought about making an online rpg similar to the up and coming final fantasy XI using the ut engine?
That would be amazing,if it could be done.
there could be more demand for similar rpg mods after the release of the next final fantasy?
Ive got some great original ideas for a mod like this.:)
Imagine a totally interactive ut world!!!:) :) :) :)
that would be fantastic !

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
There is Dark Sector coming up, a MMOG by Digital Extremes, although news of it has been somewhat slow lately.

For a mod to do online RPG would take an enormous amount of work because UT isn't really designed for persistence, you can't readily save the character information. Although it does leave some interesting avenues open for such.

In short, possible but immensely difficult. Wait for Dark Sector (perhaps pray is a better word ? ) :)

rgx

knowledge of self

Urban Scientist
Jan 22, 2002
UK
Visit site
yeah i checked out dark sector from the DE site,it sounds quite promising.i believe the multiplayer aspect is more imersive than ut's?

im actually quite new to mods for ut,i've had a go at mapping levels for unreal tournament ,didnt release anything tho im really just experimenting,seeing whats possible and seeing what i can do with the engine.I havnt had a go at makin any mods,is there any websites where i can find out the basics on starting a mod using the unreal tournament engine?