UE2 - UT2kX Omg wtf 3dsMax movement

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Animus

bladiebladibla
Sep 24, 2004
in Manta under water
Omg just trying out 3dsMax out,
this is irritating, are there really people modeling with this app?
i cant believe it. Im used too Maya very easy to use;
right mouse= zoom, left mouse is rotate, middle mouse= pan.

3dsMax utterly irrritating, i have to use the movement box too jump to a different perspective or i have to press shif+w too spawn a stupid circle menu and then click a button each time i want to change an action;
click "zoom" drag left-moousebutton, click "pan" drag left-mousebutton, and on top of that all there doesnt seem to be a way to rotate your view other then messing with the movement box for half a hour.

this is unbelievble what a total nonsense, say that im dreaming or that im doing something totally wrong because i will never be able too get used to this or there must be a plugin somewhere.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
middle mouse - pan, alt+middle - rotate, mouse wheel - zoom
This.

I had the same problem when I first started using Max when I was used to UED camera controls. I then got used to 3dsmax, and had to start using Maya for some uni work, once again I felt the controls were horrible. I've got used to all of them now.

Currently doing some motion capture work with Motion Builder, the standard camera controls are different again - they're horrid, I can force Max/Maya controls - but then all the other shortcuts all my tutorials tell me are different!

Chopping and changing between 3dapps can be a pain in the neck! :p

Animus

bladiebladibla
Sep 24, 2004
in Manta under water
Ok so that means i have to live with it? :(
Thats very sad. I would love to see a method like May MEL inbuild scripting language to alter it, but offcourse im not even skilled enough
to do that in Maya.

Hmm makes me thinking would be cool to have the same control method like UnrealEd; left-mousebutton dragdraaagdraag :lol:

Anuxinamoon

Feb 4, 2009
I think there is a plugin that you can download that will make the controls like Mayas. A guy at work showed me what it was all about but that was months ago and I have forgotten how he did it.

You can always just change the keyboard preferences around. Thats what I did. z for pan and X for rotate. But I seem to use my middle mouse button for panning alot more, unless Im using a tablet.

You need to really get into the keyboard prefs and change stuff around cause it makes like a whole lot easier and productive =3