Oh please dont

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ANUBIS199

Jun 3, 2001
Visit site
I meant to put this post up a long long time ago, but hey, im lazy.

I beleive I read somewhere in the manual or roadmap that INF planned to put in body armor. All I can say to this is, NO!!@!!!!!!! HELL!!! NO!!! PLEASE OH PLEASE NO!!!!

One of the reasons I like INF so much is because it doesnt take half a clip of ammo from an m16 to drop someone. *cough...counter strike....cough* The point of body armor in a combat situation is not to keep the soldier in combat after being shot (at least not the body armor I know of) but to keep him alive. The same principal applies to most helmets, they wont stop a direct (no angle) bullet, but they will deflect sharpnel and bullets hitting at an angle. The way I see it now, you already have body armor on in INF, you can take two solid chests hits from an M16 before going down. You can take even more from smaller caliber rounds. If body armor was added to the game it would mean players could take an extra one or two rounds from an m16, and maybe 3 or 4 more from an mp5 or pistol. That to me sounds like Counter Strike. For this reason I beleive body armor should not be added to the game, just retype some text and say the troops already have it on.

For the lazy ones, heres a summerary
1. Dont put body armor in.

ANUBIS (anti run-n-gun and body armor pimp :D)

Profe

Jun 12, 2001
Visit site
It would be a nice addition once we have an effective damage system that would react reallistically to different calibers, bullet speed, and all sorts of factors that would affect damage or whatever. but I bet if not impossible it is hard to make such a damage system. then again what do I know:p

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
i think the body armor will be balanced. what an advantage do you have if you can resist several hits in the chest but can't move or can't pay usefull guns? and there are several weapons which penetrate body armor better than other, like the five seven and the p90.

Olethros

Functional alcoholic
Originally posted by ANUBIS199
The way I see it now, you already have body armor on in INF, you can take two solid chests hits from an M16 before going down. You can take even more from smaller caliber rounds.

Actually, the 5.56x45mm NATO is the smallest caliber round in INF! ;)

Other than that, I have nothing of interest to add to this topic. :p

ANUBIS199

Jun 3, 2001
Visit site
Ya, your right, but it is also longer and fired at a much higher velocity then the SMG rounds.

ANUBIS (anti run-n-gun and armor pimp, and suggestion story man)

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
"bulletproof buttcovers"

Especially for those corpse rapers...

I think body armor would be good when we have bleeding and so on. When one shot to the heart menas death, and one to the stomach means you'll start to bleed to death nicely, I wouldn't mind having body armor in there. I would also like to see the ability to purchase more balanced anti-armor rounds. Make it so not every n00b can pack what ever gun he wants and be able to blow through any body armor.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
With appropriate damage and ballistics modeling, I think armor may become a fascinating addition to the game. Just think about the skill PSG players will have to develop to target unprotected but lethal wounds to enemies.

With the present damage modeling, I think it would be potentially damaging to the realism, but with some real impacts to weapons, I would welcome it.

&

"Sp!ke"

Actually 4.73 x 33mm is going to be the smallest caliber in Inf...

ANUBIS199

Jun 3, 2001
Visit site
Damn straight poaw, I will stop playing INF if they give players the ability to take more then 4 rounds from an mp5. You know what happens to you when you get shot with body armor? you get knocked on your ass, the bullet leaves a big ass bruise and it may crack ribs. After that, you dont get up. You dont die, but you dont get up, at least not for a moment. If you guys want to take 20 rounds then go play CS, you can in that.
Down with body armor.

ANUBIS

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
Uhh, anubis, have you ever thought that body armor would just have a SLIGHT dampining affect on health loss AND stamina, so if you get shot the max amount of stamina acheiveable is cut in half for 15-20 minuites?

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
don't understimate the 4,7 from the g11, it has the flat trajectory comparable to that of 7,62 NATO ("flat" for approx 300m) and on top of that with the burst function allows you to place 3 rounds in almost the exact same place. on top of that, such a small fast projectile will do a lot of damage even against armor, quite like the 5,7x28 from the p90.

Grimzone [K.I.L]

•one timer•
Sep 16, 2001
Edge of reality
Visit site
Armor...needs new animation

I also would not like to see certain CS-like options added to INF. Armor? Now that is something I don't REALLY don't want to see in INF, unless there is *new animation* of when being shot while wearing armor, being knocked down, then having to crawl for a few seconds before even being able to get back up. This makes the armor issue completely fair cause while you are trying like hell to crawl to any nearby cover, you are extremely vulnerable of getting killed where you lay by any enemy spotting you.

It's either this or guys are going to be running around like they are immortal gods running out in the open firing at anything that has breath.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Actually, I am all for it.

I'd really like to see penetration vs. wound cavity modelled for the various rounds. The weight = noise thing would make it even cooler. So long as they accurately model the different classes of armour (i.e. Not like CS - Rogue Spear with Nato 3.5, more like) it will be good.

&

"Sp!ke"

Iam NOT an expert in this, but wouldnt two 5,56mm kill you anyway if you were wearing body armour?
And wouldnt 5,7mm just go through body armour like a hot knife through butter? And a .50BMG can destroy light veichles...

So the only thing body armour would really stop would be shotgun pellets & frag/M203 grenade splints(would stop spamming, slightly)

Could somebody please tell me if iam wrong...