1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 Oggextract: tool to extract music and sounds from upk files

Discussion in 'Content Releases' started by Nereid, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Pablooo

Pablooo LD_

:(
    Thanks for clearing it out, I better get the full one :)

2. Ionium

Ionium New Member

How to use it? Everytime I try extract.exe soundfile.upk sounds, it doesnt work, says exporting 0 files...

3. Ionium

Ionium New Member

Anyone?

4. Glorfindel

Glorfindel New Member

vista 32 bit or 64 bit?

5. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

I have to say thanks once again to both Nereid and Psy_Commando for this, it works on Mass Effect just perfectly.
    (I can't believe the Mass Effect soundtrack doesn't include the awesome Virmire Combat music...)

6. von Boomslang

von Boomslang New Member

Hmm. Trying the extractor on files from The Scourge Project, the first one works, the second one doesn't (extracting 0 files). Much thanks anyway.

7. zynthetic

zynthetic robot!

Missed this.
    If there is audio it should extract something. Not every upk labeled as audio actually contains audio, some just have nodes. You can usually tell based off the filesize. Extraction only seems to work properly on x32. If you're using a 64bit OS it will extract garbage. The files will be created but none of them seem to be created properly; unplayable.

8. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

I'm using Win7 x64 and it extracts things just fine.

(Note: 64-bit = x64, 32-bit = x86 :) )

9. DJHicks

DJHicks New Member

So Sorry to "necro post" but i was sent over to here via google and have now registered as i'm really enjoying all the reading here.

I was wondering if anyone could upload the Ogg Extracter as the address in the OP is not working.

Most appreciated thank you very much!

10. Nereid

Nereid ・ ω ・

Oops, sorry, the DNS thing for that domain was out of date. Should be working now, or at least in a few hours.

edit: Actually I just changed the link to a domain name I actually try to maintain. Hopefully it never goes down now.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  11. DJHicks

DJHicks New Member

Excellent thank you very much!!!

12. Squishpoke

Squishpoke New Member

C:\Windows\System32 C:\Users\MyUserName\Desktop\oggextract\oggextract.exe
    Usage: oggextract <filename>
    C:\Windows\System32 oggextract A_Character_CorruptEnigma.upk
    'oggextract' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

:(

13. http404error

http404error New Member

Thank you so much! Works like a charm. (Used it on Mirror's Edge to great success).

Psy_Commando's version didn't work for me, though. I'm on Windows 7 x64, if that matters.

Squishpoke: you need to be in the folder containing the program to invoke it.

cd ..
    cd ..
    cd Users
    cd MyUserName
    cd Desktop
    cd oggextract
    oggextract A_Character_CorruptEnigma.upk

...Provided you copied that upk into the /oggextract/ folder on your desktop. It's not going to search the whole computer for that file.

For anyone else who needs help, this nifty guide was just a few google steps away: http://www.cs.princeton.edu/courses/archive/spr05/cos126/cmd-prompt.html

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  14. Bi()ha2arD

Bi()ha2arD Toxic!

change directory to C:\Users\MyUserName\Desktop\oggextract\ , then run the command. you probably need to specify the complete path to the upk file too.
    That or you just drop the oggextract.exe into the same folder as the .upk, navigate to that folder in cmd and then just execute oggextract A_Character_CorruptEnigma.upk

15. http404error

http404error New Member

Thanks! Worked like a charm.

However, Psy_Commando's didn't work, even on files that worked with the original.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  16. Ms Marvel [Carol]

Ms Marvel [Carol] New Member

How do you get this to work? On the github theres a .c file, and I cant use it in the command line.