Notify in UnrealEd 2.0

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-Tj-

Nov 30, 2004
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if there's a setting I need to hit before it shows it, but I've noticed that some player models have the options under the Notify tab available and some do not. On the ones that do not, I have no idea how to enable it. I'd really like to use the animNotify for some things. Is there something I'm missing?

The Helios

Keeper of the Ancient Ones
Apr 17, 2004
Visit the Unreal Development Network. There you should find some useful info about that.

-Tj-

Nov 30, 2004
That was where I first checked, but didn't get very far initially. I think if you hadn't suggested it, I probably wouldn't have checked there again, but this time I got as far as finding a bit of code or script I may need to use. I haven't the foggiest of where to use it, though.

Here's what the info states at UDN:

The animation code (UnSkeletalMesh.cpp) checks for a notify in each frame for each sequence (in case of skeletal blended animation). If you want to disable a notify, a native function is provided; EnableChannelNotify() (this is pretty useful for instances of blended animation where you may not want the notify to be called). Each AnimNotify_* object has a Notify() function, this is where the magic is done. Each type just overrides this to add its unique functionality.

EnableChannelNotify() is what I need to use, apparently, but what do I do with this? Yet another section states this:

native final function EnableChannelNotify ( int Channel, int Switch )

This function enables and disables animation notifies for the given Channel. This includes AnimEnd events as well as AnimNotifies. If Switch is "0", the given channel will no longer process notifies and AnimEnd will no longer be called. If Switch is "1" the given channel will process notifies again.

Seems like both are used in different sections. Other than both of those 'hints' I couldn't find anything. Do you know where I need to use this, and how? (or if these bits of code are even relavent to my situation? :))

Hide

or Dr.Jekill
Apr 23, 2004
IZANAGI Co. Tokyo
Only the "ukx" which has the animations in own package can use "Notify".
Are you using "ukx" which is referring to the animations of the other package?

-Tj-

Nov 30, 2004
Ohhh, ok, that makes a lot of sense. Yes, the .ukx I was using used animations from another package. Thanks!