Noobish Question Please answer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MASTERJUNOJET

Oct 3, 2005
Hello, let me start by saying, this is a noob question, because Iam a noob :rolleyes: . I have always been impressed by the Unreal Engine 2, and I want to know a little about the runtime. I know the runtime has restrictions, and I dont plan on making any money off my game. Yet, can I use the runtime to make a full fleged game, with multiple seamless levels, cinematics, etc. And can you customize the runtime itself to fit your project?

Thanks,
MASTERJUNOJET

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
FFS. READ THE GOD DAMN EULA NOOB.

YES, I KNOW THIS SOUNDS NASTY BUT LET’S FACE IT, EPIC‘S PRIMARY MEANS OF INCOME COMES FROM GAME SALES AND ENGINE LICENSING. WE WOULD BE SHOOTING OURSELVES IN THE FOOT IF WE ALLOWED AN ENGINE WE GAVE AWAY FOR FREE TO TRAMPLE OUR PRIMARY MEANS OF INCOME. SORRY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO DEVELOP A GAME PLEASE DEVELOP IT AS A MOD FOR ONE OF OUR EXISTING RETAIL GAME PRODUCTS OR CONTACT US REGARDING A PROPER ENGINE LICENSE.