UE3 - General [Non-Paid] Wreckage is looking for concept artists

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dudeman95

Feb 23, 2011
logoredesigna.png

Presents

wreckagelogobailey.png

Dear BeyondUnreal Community,

Wreckage is currently looking for skilled concept artists who will help us achieve the look and style for this sci-fi dinosaur shooter.
Since this is my first time leading a game project I'm going to be realistic and start leading a team to help me make a demo for "Wreckage" to see if I am capable of leading even that.

Wreckage is a sci-fi dinosaur first-person shooter that takes place in the year 2230. You play as Adam Carter, a newly recruited marine in the Earth's Galactic Military. You have been sent on a mission to discover the reason behind a distress call sent by a human colony on the planet of Novusera.

You soon find that this planet is no longer a home to the human race, but a savage planet home to an unknown terror. Discover a mystery of an ancient race of reptiles, awakening from a long hibernation cycle. Fight for your very life against these bone-chilling monsters as you make the choice that will decide the fate of both humanity and the reptilian race: do you choose to eliminate the native species or leave a planet that was never yours?

Follow Adam through several spine-tingling missions, wrapped in a deep, thoughtful plotline with twists and turns that will make your choice even more difficult as you find a way to stop the "Wreckage".

There is only two or three people working on Wreckage right now and I am the team leader. My name is Bailey Wheatland and this is my first time leading a team so I plan to start small by just making a demo of Wreckage. Over the last couple of months I have been sculpting the main dinosaur for the game which is known as the "T-Recks." Below you can see that the head of the creature is near completion.

The concept artists should know that these dinosaurs will be slightly stylized to look more gruesome and scary than natural dinosaurs so we could really use artists who know how to deliver scary concepts. At the moment we need a minimum of 3 concept artists who can do the following: paint overs of 3d assets, environment concepts, creature concepts, weapon concepts, and character concepts.

As far as environmental art goes you are allowed to have complete freedom over shaping the planet of Novusera and the other landscapes of the vast planets.

We are also in need of an art director who I will work alongside to achieve the desired look for the dinosaurs since I pretty much have the main design already created with the dinosaur that is currently in production. The Art Director will also have to be able to pump out work just like the other concept artists. Below are requirements of the following positions.

Art Director Requirements:

-Owns a copy of Photoshop of Gimp
-Has good communication and leadership skills
-is able to be on Skype or MSN when needed (preferably on Skype)
-Can provide high-quality work

Concept Artist Requirements:

-Owns a copy of Photoshop or Gimp
-Works well with other individuals
-Is is able to be on Skype or MSN when needed
-Can provide high-quality of work
-Follows instructions clearly

Here is a WIP render of the current state of the T-Recks, the original concept of this beast, and a piece of an environmental concept.

treckstopheaddone.png

trecksbodyfinished2.jpg

jungleconcept2.png

For more information on the previously mentioned positions feel free to contact me.

Skype- dudeman951

MSN- dudeman95@live.com

E-Mail- bailey95@mchsi.com

Last edited: