UE3 - UT3 No HUD, No weapons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Panoptic

Aug 11, 2009
Hey there, I'm pretty much new to this forum so if this should be posted elsewhere please feel free to delete/move it.

I want to make a mod where there is basically no HUD and no weapons (or the weapons are at least invisible). So essentially all you 'see' is the environment infront of your eyes. I have no experience in mod making, although I am pretty fluent with the basics of the ut3 editor. Does a mod like this already exist? or could anyone direct me towards any tutorials which would help with these 2 basic aspects? I suppose I just don't want to waste a bunch of time learning the more complicated things when all I need is no HUD and no weapons, if that's possible.

Many thanks!

P.S. I've been using the 'togglescreenshotmode' console command to basically get the same effect, but I suppose I'm after a mod which does all of this automatically without having to type any commands in. Also, 'togglescreenshotmode' still allows you to shoot your guns which I would like to disable.

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
why dont you disable hud and weapons permanently in the settings? if you need them again you can turn them back on. doesnt work that way if you want to "force" it for a lan or internet game tho.

Panoptic

Aug 11, 2009
Well it's just that its kind of for a project that I'm doing, so it needs to be a kind of self-enclosed entity that I can distribute, instead of making people change settings. Like you said also, I would want to be able to force it online, so I think a mod is best, is this possible?

SaRoth

Aug 23, 2009
No HUD No weapons

Yeppers I know Im an asshole, but I couldnt resist the temptation, if you tell someone not to, its provokes them to
Im just wondering if on the Minimalistic HUD, is that ugly black stuff in it on game?
Thanks o_O