1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[NEWS] GGL V-Sports All-Stars Event will feature UT2007 beta

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Selerox, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Selerox

Selerox COR AD COR LOQVITVR

This is pretty major news regarding UT2007, and what Epic may be showing at E3. Seeing as this appears to indicate that there'll be a fully playable beta at the event, we could be seeing a hell of a lot more of the game than we thought.

Also, it's well worth noting that Epic are co-sponsoring the event...

Full Story

2. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Curing the infection...

Nice find :tup: and a positive surprise too :)

3. AntiMatter

AntiMatter [Ci]

Ooo sweet, i cant wait to see videos :D

4. Saverous

Saverous New Member

cool. can't wait to see what else Epic's got for us in E3. How about big HQ brains-crashing gameplay movie?

5. Wail of Suicide

Wail of Suicide Member

I hope the fact that they're matching up "UT2004's best players" doesn't mean that they're expecting UT2004's skillset to translate 1:1 over to UT2007.

6. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Hello! News posted :)
    I doubt it. They've done this similar sort of thing with UT2003 and UT2004 before they came out. They do it to show the game off and get people excited by having people in the community who have actually played and enjoyed the game. It really makes me wonder if they are further along in development than they have let on.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2006
  7. Bullet10k

Bullet10k New Member

I hope so too.

Because if they're gonna give suggestions, it better be after hours of play, or else you're gonna have "improvements" based on first time play experience, for example if you came ut99 and then beta tested 2k4, you might have said rockets were overpowered, when in fact you couldn't tackle it properly and didn't develop the movement skills.

8. BadAss84

BadAss84 BadAss[zero]

That's excellent news :eek:

Yet another thing to look forward to at e3 :D

9. flo0tz

flo0tz New Member

Just hoping any video footage isnt shaky or unfocused.

I'd like to see how some of the maps flow, or have a good look at the powerups.

Its great that they're getting decent players to run through the beta, because in previous movies all we've seen is a bunnyhopping random spamming rox/driving the goliath.

10. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

They should release a frag-movie-ish styled trailer, with footage from the event. :)

11. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

That's absopositively the worst kind of news for UT's future. I'm afraid we'll see tons of "it suxxors cuz they forgot <insert feature from Quake>" or "Epic dropped the ball because they did <insert random comment about how it still doesn't play like UT'99 or how it's all about graphics and that they couldn't downgrade it to play in neon-glow at 120 fps>" ... and all these after what probably won't be more than a few hours of playtime with the BETA. I'm sure many of those people won't even know what a beta is ...

The only positive part is that they probably are at least confident enough to show the game for real.

12. Wail of Suicide

Wail of Suicide Member

I sincerely doubt you are going to hear that type of comment from top level gamers. I'm sure they realize that their comments are important and, as such, we will not hear anything except basic platitudes if they don't care for the game. Such things as: "Wow, what a great experience!" "Big kudos to Epic for letting us play the game!" "It plays great, I look forward to it coming out!" etc.

Think how bad that would reflect on any of those guys, if they got invited to play a game and then went and badmouthed it. It's totally unprofessional and you can bet that no other gaming companies would invite such a person to play their games ever again.

13. JaFO

Perhaps there's a few that have the professional attitude required.
    I seriously doubt that since the majority is merely a wannabe-pro ...

14. Selerox

JaFO - Pessemism 'R' Us

The people who are likely to get invited to attend are going to ba a handful of the very best UT players in the world. So I doubt any of them will be wannabes. This is Epic here, they're not going to invite bad-mouthing morons who'll rant about the game - good or bad.

15. TraCK

TraCK Amateur Sketch

So are we talking those kick ass German players or just the American ones.

I'm really glad that they're getting some good players for the event also, bunny hopping noobs 4tl.

16. Selerox

Would be a higher proportion of European plater's if it was an accurate thing...

I'd be very suprised - and worried - if it was just American players. Probably a split between the best NA and EU guys, plus anyone else who's good enough (evenflow etc.).

17. JaFO

Still ... I think it is a very bad idea to let anyone except the developers play and test the game until it is done and ready to be released. Pretty much anything they could complain about can be fixed with mods & third party maps. And there's no way they have any idea what is good for the majority of the consumers (ie : the casual / non-fanatic gamers)