• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cvydas

Jun 29, 2003
Bangor,Maine
i am also new and i would like some help with making a simple mutator, or maybe not a mutator. really not sure what to call it. i would like to make a 'offhand' grappling hook for ut2k3 like the one that is going to be in ChaosUT2. Description The Chaos Grappling Hook has a very basic design which allows even first time users to easily hook themselves around the map.

One press of the 'Grapple Hook On/Off' button fires the grapple, as soon as it hits a wall it will dig in and instantly start to pull you towards that point. Once you get there, hit the same hook button again to be released. It's just that easy!

here is the problem. though it is a good idea, i have no clue where to start. i have made a couple voice packs in unreal editor and thats all i am familiar with.

cvydas

Jun 29, 2003
Bangor,Maine
i think it was at chimeric that i read one on the actual code of a working grappling hook, but it was like trying to read a foreign language, besides its probably not the hook i want anyways.

cvydas

Jun 29, 2003
Bangor,Maine
EvilDrWong said:
well, yeah. that grapple is a bit overboard, and IMO it didnt act like the kind of grapple it should have.
Do you have ICQ/Aim/MSN?

yeah really what i am looking for is going to be in the chaosut2 mod i forget who is making it but he says sorry no mutator for grappling hook. but that is the idea i have a simple offhand hook with an on/off switch, go anywhere fast, hang around, and be able to shoot.i have MSN and i have yahoo (cvydas) and windows messenger (cvydas@yahoo.com)