New U-Engine 3 MMOFPS Announced

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
We received an email today from Kim Sang-hyun with some amazing screenshots of an upcoming Unreal Engine 3 Massively Online First Person Shooter from Korean developer Webzen. Along with the pic was a link to the Webzen CEO webpage. It's not clear if Kim Sang-hyun is a representative of the developer, but thanks, nonetheless!

I was able to dig up some news of a press conference in Seoul, Korea that does indeed reference the game and the developer's interesting pedigree:

In January of this year, Webzen, Inc. announced its expansion into the U.S. market and the opening of a Los Angeles office. In addition to APB, Webzen, Inc. plans to bring multiple online game titles to the U.S. market. The titles include the massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), SUN, releasing in the third quarter of 2005, and a massively multiplayer online first person shooter (MMOFPS) called Huxley, that leverages the latest Unreal 3 game engine and is scheduled to release in 2006. Webzen, Inc. is also developing game properties for the next generation game consoles to enhance its appeal to the mainstream gaming audience.

Webzen, Inc. has developed some of the world's top online game and client/server technologies. The company also prides itself in the creativity department, publishing some of the most highly acclaimed titles for the Asian market. For its tremendously successful 3D MMORPG title, MU, Webzen, Inc. has attracted over 56 million users and a half million concurrent users from the Asian market alone.

SyK0

Feb 1, 2004
damn for a secend there i thought there was a new line of unreal action figures.... i hope the final of that UNE3.0 dosent looks like that.... looks like its all plastic not that it dosent looks good cuse it dose look damn good..... but just hoping....

Last edited:

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
I agree the first one looks plasticy, and the third one does too but not so bad. I like the look of the Second one though

mackey

Cometh the apocalypse.
Aug 27, 2004
England
www.fpscentral.com
I like the sound of this. Planetside style on UE3, sounds awesome to me. Just aswell it's to be released in 2006, we'll need some hefty processing power to make that game run well.

P

P$YKO

HEY ALL !!!!! :)

UT2004 CAN BE A MODS OF A PERFECT REPRODUCTION OF STARCRAFT WITH NEW 2005GRAPHIC

But Dont by NEWBSS JUST XPERT OF MODS 4 NICE MODS :)!!!!!

Terran! With all units

Protoss! With all units

Zerg! With all units

But No new Race Let Blizzard 4 that :)

P

P$YKO

HEY ALL !!!!! :)

UT2004 CAN BE A MODS OF A PERFECT REPRODUCTION OF STARCRAFT WITH NEW 2005GRAPHIC

But Dont by NEWBSS JUST XPERT OF MODS 4 NICE MODS :)!!!!!

Terran! With all units

Protoss! With all units

Zerg! With all units

But No new Race Let Blizzard 4 that :)

(not BroodWar) Original!

[IMD1]KillRoy

Suck my boomstick!
Ow, I like the Natural look of the models, meaning that they are just human with clothes and stuff. I don't like that half human half robot kinda thing.

I think it is best to keep the models plain looking, its better to look at. That is, for me, a big issue in UT2k3 and 2k4. The models are so detailed and cluttered up with stuff, it becomes harder to look at

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
[IMD1]KillRoy said:
Ow, I like the Natural look of the models, meaning that they are just human with clothes and stuff. I don't like that half human half robot kinda thing.

I think it is best to keep the models plain looking, its better to look at. That is, for me, a big issue in UT2k3 and 2k4. The models are so detailed and cluttered up with stuff, it becomes harder to look at

then you must really hate real life ;) All of those crazy organisms with their patterns and clothing styles and all sorts of crazy stuff!! ;)

Seriously though, this looks absolutely amazing, the soldier is probably my favorite shot. What is on his chest though? An anti-facehugger device of some sort?

[SKD]Jai

The Soulkeeper Level Design Manager
Jan 22, 2005
United Kingdom
www.thesoulkeeper.com
Major-Lee-High said:
Massivley Multiplayer Online

Sounds good ^_^

Hopefully we can mod the mmo games ?_?

Hmm its doubtful that we will be able to mod it, The reason for this is because MMO’s often only get ran from developer servers and they do not let you host your own local games. Unless the mod was good enough that the developers implemented the mod into the actual game.

Last edited: