1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

New U-Engine 3 MMOFPS Announced

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Feb 16, 2005.

1. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

We received an email today from Kim Sang-hyun with some amazing screenshots of an upcoming Unreal Engine 3 Massively Online First Person Shooter from Korean developer Webzen. Along with the pic was a link to the Webzen CEO webpage. It's not clear if Kim Sang-hyun is a representative of the developer, but thanks, nonetheless!

I was able to dig up some news of a press conference in Seoul, Korea that does indeed reference the game and the developer's interesting pedigree:

In January of this year, Webzen, Inc. announced its expansion into the U.S. market and the opening of a Los Angeles office. In addition to APB, Webzen, Inc. plans to bring multiple online game titles to the U.S. market. The titles include the massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), SUN, releasing in the third quarter of 2005, and a massively multiplayer online first person shooter (MMOFPS) called Huxley, that leverages the latest Unreal 3 game engine and is scheduled to release in 2006. Webzen, Inc. is also developing game properties for the next generation game consoles to enhance its appeal to the mainstream gaming audience.

Webzen, Inc. has developed some of the world's top online game and client/server technologies. The company also prides itself in the creativity department, publishing some of the most highly acclaimed titles for the Asian market. For its tremendously successful 3D MMORPG title, MU, Webzen, Inc. has attracted over 56 million users and a half million concurrent users from the Asian market alone.

2. Caravaggio

Caravaggio Custom User Text goes here.

Good lord I want to play with that engine so badly....

...and I mean that in the most perverse way possible.

3. JonAzz

JonAzz UA Mapper

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm polygons......

this engine looks more fun each screenshot they releasee :)

4. SiN-BiN

SiN-BiN New Member

this looks incredible

5. flo0tz

flo0tz New Member

this is... just amazing... it looks awesome! MMOFPS? Like Planetside? Thats going to take alot of processing power!

6. SyK0

SyK0 New Member

damn for a secend there i thought there was a new line of unreal action figures.... i hope the final of that UNE3.0 dosent looks like that.... looks like its all plastic not that it dosent looks good cuse it dose look damn good..... but just hoping....

Last edited: Feb 17, 2005
  7. SiN-BiN

SiN-BiN New Member

I agree the first one looks plasticy, and the third one does too but not so bad. I like the look of the Second one though

8. mackey

mackey Cometh the apocalypse.

I like the sound of this. Planetside style on UE3, sounds awesome to me. Just aswell it's to be released in 2006, we'll need some hefty processing power to make that game run well.

9. 8-4-7-2

8-4-7-2 New Member

Very sexy :eek:

10. P$YKO

P$YKO Guest

HEY ALL !!!!! :)

UT2004 CAN BE A MODS OF A PERFECT REPRODUCTION OF STARCRAFT WITH NEW 2005GRAPHIC

But Dont by NEWBSS JUST XPERT OF MODS 4 NICE MODS :)!!!!!

Terran! With all units

Protoss! With all units

Zerg! With all units

But No new Race Let Blizzard 4 that :)

11. P$YKO

P$YKO Guest

HEY ALL !!!!! :)

UT2004 CAN BE A MODS OF A PERFECT REPRODUCTION OF STARCRAFT WITH NEW 2005GRAPHIC

But Dont by NEWBSS JUST XPERT OF MODS 4 NICE MODS :)!!!!!

Terran! With all units

Protoss! With all units

Zerg! With all units

But No new Race Let Blizzard 4 that :)

(not BroodWar) Original!

12. [IMD1]KillRoy

[IMD1]KillRoy Suck my boomstick!

wat does MMOFPS stand for? ? ? ? first person shooter..

Anyone?

(maybe its time to play some other games than UT...)

13. [IMD1]KillRoy

Ow, I like the Natural look of the models, meaning that they are just human with clothes and stuff. I don't like that half human half robot kinda thing.

I think it is best to keep the models plain looking, its better to look at. That is, for me, a big issue in UT2k3 and 2k4. The models are so detailed and cluttered up with stuff, it becomes harder to look at

14. Daedalus

Daedalus I don't even...

then you must really hate real life ;) All of those crazy organisms with their patterns and clothing styles and all sorts of crazy stuff!! ;)

Seriously though, this looks absolutely amazing, the soldier is probably my favorite shot. What is on his chest though? An anti-facehugger device of some sort?

15. Major-Lee-High

Major-Lee-High Im a ranter, ignore me!

Massivley Multiplayer Online

Sounds good ^_^

Hopefully we can mod the mmo games ?_?

16. [IMD1]KillRoy

Oh wow!!

As in more than 32 players :)))))

Indeed, that sounds very good!!!

17. [SKD]Jai

[SKD]Jai The Soulkeeper Level Design Manager

Check out www.planetside.com if u wanna see what mmos are like ;)

18. [SKD]Jai

[SKD]Jai The Soulkeeper Level Design Manager

Hmm its doubtful that we will be able to mod it, The reason for this is because MMO’s often only get ran from developer servers and they do not let you host your own local games. Unless the mod was good enough that the developers implemented the mod into the actual game.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2005
  19. raziel31

raziel31 Active Member

Really nice, welcome 'normal mapping' !!! ;)

20. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

that first picture reminds me of the Denis Hopper chacter from Mario Brothers movie. Denis played King Koopa, and they almost have the same hair do.....iirc