New to UT2004: No servers found?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dyosoft

Oct 21, 2015
Bulgaria
Hello everyone I found out this forum is ut2k4-related, I got the game few days ago and found out I can't play multiplayer, it says "The UT2004 master server could not be reached. Please try again later."

I'm running version 3369, do I need a patch or something? Few years back I was playing the game on my old PC with no problems, did they stopped support? is there a patch to get it back or change the master server?

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
If you are having problems connecting to the masterserver, try adding some servers manually and saving them as favourites.
http://www.gametracker.com/search/ut2004/
You can use the small GSLite app to manage fave servers. It is not in-game, but will always remember even if you re-install.
http://www.gametracker.com/downloads/

BTW. If you have 64bit Windows, get the 64bit UT patch and you can also use the DirectX9 renderer.

*mGm*Lizard

Jul 8, 2015
The 64-bit patch isn't good. It has all sorts of bugs in it. Stick with the 32-bit. :)

Edit: Go into your UT2004 folder. C:\UT2004\System\UT2004.ini open UT2004.ini in Notepad. Look for this section.
Replace this section in your UT2004.ini with the one I provided. Save the changes. Start up the game. It should work after this.
[IpDrv.MasterServerLink]
LANPort=11777
LANServerPort=10777
MasterServerList=(Address="ut2004master1.epicgames.com",Port=28902)
MasterServerList=(Address="ut2004master2.epicgames.com",Port=28902)

Last edited:

BigSpeck

Aug 1, 2011
In addition to the above solutions I'd invite you to join my steam group and play with us whenever I host. Check my signature for the group link.