New Site

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ironblayde

Director of Misanthropy
Feb 24, 2004
QUALTHWAR said:
And the resume thing became a long discussion between a friend and me the other night. He mentioned the one-page thing, then did some research and realized that the one-page theory was a standard in the late 90’s.
My mistake. I started reading up on it a little and found the same thing, that resumes are getting longer for people with lots of experience or who are working in certain fields. I suppose I should have expected as much, as I haven't submitted a resume anywhere in about six years. :)

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
I think, too, that it all depends on what you’re doing with the resume. If you’re posting it online where you’re trying to get an IT job and you don’t care if you land a job writing code, or doing database administration, or helpdesk work, or whatever, then having a resume displaying all those skills (if a person has them) is okay. But if you’re interviewing for a job where all you’ll be doing is pounding out C# code all day in a cubical, listing helpdesk experience etc. is most likely stuff they don’t care to see as it just clutters up the resume.

Anyway, when one person says the site is too busy, I take it with a grain of salt, but when pretty much everybody I talk with thinks it’s too clutters, then I have to step back and reevaluate my position. I'll reduce the clutter soon.