new red orchestra scopes....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
although i havent played red orchestra yet (ahh damn higher school certificate!) i took a look at the red orchestra site today and saw the funky scope system that the teams gonna employ for a future release (i think that it might even make 1.1)

anyway head over to red orchestra site and take a look! here are some pics:

scoped1.jpg

scoped2.jpg

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
everything outside the magnified area should be blurred. So blurred you can't see anything. Aka black :p

That's my experience with scopes anyway.

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
Enough with any modern/recent army mods. I'd like to play a mod that simulates front line combat a thousand years from now (assuming that wars won't be fought by pressing buttons in a lap chair :p )

Night's Edge was on the right track, but I'd like to see a full-blown effort that ranks up with CS and TacOps in terms of polish.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Freon said:
rostam, RO doesn't try to be as real as possible. They've made sniping as easy as it can be.
On the contrary ... they didn't implement all of the effects in this first version.
I guess they preferred entering phase 2 instead of getting it done right at first :(.

And at least according to this link they're going to get some kind of 'weapon-bob' for the rifles eventually.
And it looks like it's part of the patch 1.1 featurelist already.

I hope it is as soon as possible though, because the sniperrifle is too powerful in the hands of a somewhat decent player. At least there's the 1-2 sniper limit on the default maps to stop it from becoming too much of a problem ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice

Apr 11, 2002
Visit site
Enough with any modern/recent army mods. I'd like to play a mod that simulates front line combat a thousand years from now (assuming that wars won't be fought by pressing buttons in a lap chair )

Night's Edge was on the right track, but I'd like to see a full-blown effort that ranks up with CS and TacOps in terms of polish.
Jack? Nova? Max? Colony8 anyone? I'd pimp but I'm not sure that a select few would like that.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Never even knew RO was out yet. Thanks for the link. I don't know who made it, but it's a mirror image of Third Reich. Of course with better graphics. I like how it feels a little better too. I just don't like how it doesn't seem to force you to choose a weapon, so it took me a while to figure it out. That Kiev map is sort of rediculous. There is so much rubble in the streets, it's literaly mountains of litter. They really overdone it I think. The sites are nice, and the speed seems right. I'm wondering how accurate the weapons are "hipped"?

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
jaymian said:
I'm wondering how accurate the weapons are "hipped"?
Too accurate. I experimented with a peice of tape on my monitor and I could hip snipe from across the level.

They put in conefire into version 1.1 though. So instead of hip sniping we get the alternate evil, conefire!!! Yay!.......not.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Well I guess 1.1 is out, and it seems to fix hip shooting as well as having you pick sides as you start a map. Seems like stuff that should have made 1.0 to me, but I don't mod games, so I guess I'm ignorant. Anyway, it may officially be worth my time now, so I may check it out.

EDIT: After playing it for a bit, and checking out the scopes, this game brings back the fun in sniping. I bet it is crazy online, but offline shooting those clueless bots is pretty fun. I may actually play online using the UT2003 engine. DEAR LORD!!!

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
yeah, altough the mod is quite good (as far as betas have been for the MSUC) it really is kind of depressing to see that they seem to prefer 'quick fixes' instead of making sure it really works :(

Of course releasing anything always is a bit tricky if the beta-testers didn't test those features ... (how could anyone not see the missing texture for the bayoney ??? )

O_DoGG

Le Boner
Nov 17, 2002
France
www.clanvega.com
I too feel sorry for the introduction of conefire in the game. Other than that, i see it as a very promising mod, definitively the best that i've seen for UT2k3.