New(?) mutator/gametype idea

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DaBeowulf

UT-mods Geek
Feb 25, 2002
Germany, near Cologne
Visit site
Inspired by the CRPG series Fallout and the HalfLife mod WastelandHL I thought about how games of INF would play when ammo was very rare. I think it would be tremendous fun.
Here's the idea which can be realised as a mutator or gametype:

Either played with players divided into teams of two or three per team (with the camos of the different teams being easy to distinguish) or as everyone for himself DM.
There'd be no LOs as we know 'em. Maybe ppl would be allowed to choose whether they want the best armour and helmet INF currently has to offer or rather less protection but slightly better speed and stam than armoured ppl. But to make things easier for the one that wants to code this it'd be fine, too if that choice would not be possible.
Maybe ppl would be allowed to choose with what single weapon apart from the Ka-Bar they'll start but again it could do without and instead everyone'd get a randomly chosen one [certain ones should probably be ruled out and be forbidden(e.g. the gren-launcher)] ...
The general idea is that everyone will start out with only a single weapon and only three bullets for it.
Based on the # of players and the kind of ammo their weapons need there would be a bit more ammo spawned randomly (also only three shots max in the mag) and maybe optionally one/or more of the too powerful, ruled out stuff (weapon/+attachement).
To prevent this to be dominated by camping (for which I don't see any more reason than I do for in normal DM) this could be played with normal respawns and a time limit but I think the normal round option would work anyway.

When you don't mind even more unrealism in an INF mod the whole idea could also be realised by increasing ppl's health (or decreasing damage dealt) and the limit of ammunition be raised to let's say half a mag ( no drum or minimi belt! lol ), that'd allow for some burst or full-auto fun, boasting and instilling fear.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
I thought about how games of INF would play when ammo was very rare. I think it would be tremendous fun.

And I suggest that you get banned from this forum and never post again, ever, on the Internet for saying that it would be fun if ammo where to be rare for my minimi.

j/k :p

( no drum or minimi belt! lol )

lol indeed. burn.

Other than the sparse ammo thing, the idea is good ;)

People usually find it very frustrating running out of ammo. I guess that this would be a frustrating gametype, although I can understand where the appeal is.

--
But on a more serious note, if you want to see it happend, you'll probably have to go ahead and, as they say, do it yourself. But sadly, I doupt the player base is large enough in INF to "widstand" another gametype. IMO we already have quite too many gametypes in this game for the size of the player base. Its just a bit late to "remove" gametypes from INF 2.9. Adding more would be futile, especially at this point.