New maps, vehicles

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
steve, 1st let me say this is a total longshot, and i know nothing about coding in unreal.... heres a file compare of the racetang.u file and the SUV.u file in a hex editor. i searched for the hex occurance of "brake" and this is what comes up as first hit. notice the racetang does not have this bHasHandbBrake value. i was kinda thinking if suv has it, maybe its like the old 2 negatives times give you a positve :confused: , but in this case, takes away handbrake..... if that makes sense :lol:

i love the handbrake, coming into tight turns, to start the car sliding then along your turn hit the turbo ( if avail.) to regrip and straighten out and go.......
man im giving out my stragedys ;) and you need it in various situations gametypes to do a quick 180. i cant get the hang of the suv not being able to do a quick 180.... the hit reverse key and gas same time is not gonna work 4 me.

sorry for being a pain about this :nag: .... maybe its just me... does anyone else has no handbrake as well?

if you dont feel like pursuing it anymore ill understand......

Attachments

• ufiles.jpg
    ufiles.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 15

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
hm yeah the suv oversteers like hell allright... and by hell i meant how the ut2k4 vehicle system treats oversteering, just like onslaught vehicles and no input whatsoever when your spinning out... heh i never used the handbrake before, dont even have a key assigned for it , all i do is a turn followed by braking at its hardest point, to make it skid

put it all in a pack so newbies like me can download it all in one go!

and oh, this is a vehicle thats been made from scratch so long after unwheel has gone svehicles, but the suspension still doesnt work???oh well...

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
Im going to make an EXE file with all the new maps and vehicles sometime this week :) I htink it would help a lot of new people out.. or people who just dont want to download like 15 different things ;)

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
give it suspension! oh wait, must all the suspension in svehicles act like buggy strut bars, or can there be axels , joints, etc to make the car as complicated as a normal character?

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
I haven't had any problems in Instant Action with the SUV... Feels good I thought. Only 'problem' I found was the engine sound or gears or something isn't too great. Lemme know when it's final so we can plop it on the downloads page :).

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
I will not add it to the EXE if its not final before I get around to making the EXE :)

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
Malibu Barbie said:
Instead of an exe, why not just make it a zip, so MAC/Linux people can open it as well?
I'll make 2 different versions. :) I plan on making the EXE install everything in the right place if you select the UT2004 foldier for install when it asks (assuming I remember how to make my exe compiler do that) ;)

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
Final version( ? ). http://home.mchsi.com/~stevenfhorton/UnWheel_Semi_SUV.zip for non team members, and jerdaygo's server for team members. I still have no idea on the handbrake; I can set it to true or false, it doesn't seem to make a difference:p Again, make sure you put UnWheel_Semi_SUV.ukx in the animation folder; the .utx file in the texture folder,m and the .int, .u and .ucl file in the system folder:)

Last edited:

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
stevenhorton said:
I just tried it, and the SUV isn't working. I am still unhappy with the handling of it, we should wait before all the servers add it to their vehicle list.
I will remove it tonight then, i think it might not work because i used your ucl file instead of letting the server create its own, but I might be wrong. Not having it on my server doesnt prevent people who have it from playing on my server does it? or vis versa?

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
Anyone know why I have to go through the 20 minute Suicide download again?
I'm trying to join jerdaygo's server right now, but I have to redownload Suicide.
Any chance of getting the correct map onto the download page so I/we can just install it ourselves?
The .rar file on the download page dosen't seem to be the correct file. After opening it, it says "Suicide", and is listed as a UT4K4 map. I drag and drop it to the ./ut2k4/maps folder, even asks if I want to replace the exsiting file. The I goto join the server and still have to redownload the map.
In my maps folder, it says 6.30 megs. Is that the correct size? :(