1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE2 - UT2kX New Mapper here. Need Help!

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by maxbulldog, Apr 4, 2012.

1. maxbulldog

maxbulldog New Member

So i've recently started mapping for the game America's Army which uses unreal and I couldnt find any other forums so I came here. Now heres my question:
    If i want to go into a map and copy a building and transfer it to another map how would I do this? I cant seem to figure it out.

2. Dozey

Dozey The Cleaner of Sunspire, Mapper

it's static mesh or bsp brush?

3. maxbulldog

maxbulldog New Member

its a bsp brush

4. Sjosz

Sjosz (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Find the building you want to copy over, change the view mode to wireframe (using the icons at the top of your viewport), and then select the building's BSP brushes in that mode. After that, you can simply copy/paste using ctrl+c and ctrl+v. You can even paste BSP into a notepad file as plain text as an inbetween step should you wish to.

5. maxbulldog

maxbulldog New Member

thanks man. helped a bunch. You'll probably be seeing alot more of me around here as I dont know too much heheh :p

6. Dozey

Dozey The Cleaner of Sunspire, Mapper

or brush > export. Open textures that brush is using, then import brush in your map.

7. Wail of Suicide

Wail of Suicide Member

Keep in mind that the America's Army editor is really locked down. You pretty much can't export anything from it AFAIK.

Not sure why, you'd think that military recruiting tools paid for with public funds would be free for Americans to use.