1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

New Map and Future Versions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oti2, Dec 13, 2005.

1. oti2

oti2 New Member

Hi all!
    About a month before DA2 was released I started working on a beach assault map and currently I think it's not looking too bad but needs alot of work, but anyways, I was wondering how long it would be before vehicles are released because I'm almost done with the map and I don't want to wait for vehicles to come out before I release. But anyways, since I mentioned it I'll show you guys my map. (BTW - Personally I'm sick :chainsaw: of seing this map so I'd really like to release it haha. :) )

Called DA2-Phoenix.

Heres the description: "The Burning Beach Head - In a last attempt on the island of Idora, a small invasion force lands in Phoenix Bay. Supposedly it was the least defended of the few coasts of Idora suited for moving troops inland. However, Sattelite imagery somehow failed to discover the actual battlements dug into the shoreline. A second wave in hope overpowering the enemy is sent in. The entrenched enemy awaits."

Screenshots: (Tell me how I'm doing) :)
    landing
    hangar
    coastal cannon
    frontline

P.S. - sorry about the small image sizes...I'll try to post larger pictures later.

2. stephen_wq

stephen_wq AKA The--Grim--Reaper

You
    Are
    AWESOME!
    Release it..... please!

If you need, images and file uploading up to 15mb @ http://mirrage.co.nr
    If that will make you move along a little bit quicker.

Oh and regarding vehicles, unless someone joins the team, and majorly motivates everyone already there, according to the annoucements it sounds like 1.1 will be the last release :( :( :(

So dont bother waiting for vehicles, i dont think they will be in there unless recruiting is done.

3. DA|aBsOlUt

DA|aBsOlUt DA GOD

Neat looking, yes larger images would be very handy.

If you want any help with DA2 code let us know, DA2 1.1 features quite a few updates on the core code that help mappers even more.

Bots will now build better and you can choose what kind of structure you want thme to build as well as a random-structure option, to add some spice ;)

4. Dest

Dest DA Team

looks great!! keep it up!

It all depends on the amount of players and team.

If its good we can include it in 1.1!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2005
  5. Hunz

Hunz ...aka [A|K]Leviathan, mkay?

The screenshots are awfully small, but they look sweet, nevertheless! We would be happy to test WIP-versions of it.

6. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

Yap, larger screenshots would be cool, but they look great :eek:

7. heron

heron New Member

Looks excellent so far, can't wait for the finished article :)

8. stephen_wq

stephen_wq AKA The--Grim--Reaper

Woo!
    So 1.1 may not be the last, maybe we will see vehicles?
    You could bring 1 or 2 people on board to help add extra things, like the machine gunner idea i had, and vehicles. They would be used Assult style right? with like 1 or 2 vehicles? or more so the attackers have a group of them, and have to assult the defenders, who have anti vehicle turrets and such?
    Meh, getting too off topic now.

I'd be happy to test it.

9. Enfyrneaux

Enfyrneaux New Member

All I can definitely tell is that the atmosphere is good :tup:

I look forward to playing this at my friend's New Years LAN

10. Hunz

If you want us to include your map into v1.1 you should give it to us some time before the new year. We will have to test it and most likely adjust some stuff.

11. oti2

oti2 New Member

yea sorry, I've been gone a while, but actually I've made a lot of changes since those shots. I'm sure if I get cracking I could have the map done by next week. PS - Thanks for the encouragement guys. :)

12. Hunz

Get it on - Time is running out!

13. veryhungryhobo

veryhungryhobo New Member

that is great news