New Map and Future Versions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

oti2

Dec 12, 2005
Hi all!
About a month before DA2 was released I started working on a beach assault map and currently I think it's not looking too bad but needs alot of work, but anyways, I was wondering how long it would be before vehicles are released because I'm almost done with the map and I don't want to wait for vehicles to come out before I release. But anyways, since I mentioned it I'll show you guys my map. (BTW - Personally I'm sick :chainsaw: of seing this map so I'd really like to release it haha. :) )

Called DA2-Phoenix.

Heres the description: "The Burning Beach Head - In a last attempt on the island of Idora, a small invasion force lands in Phoenix Bay. Supposedly it was the least defended of the few coasts of Idora suited for moving troops inland. However, Sattelite imagery somehow failed to discover the actual battlements dug into the shoreline. A second wave in hope overpowering the enemy is sent in. The entrenched enemy awaits."

Screenshots: (Tell me how I'm doing) :)
landing
hangar
coastal cannon
frontline

P.S. - sorry about the small image sizes...I'll try to post larger pictures later.

stephen_wq

AKA The--Grim--Reaper
Dec 15, 2003
You
Are
AWESOME!
Release it..... please!

If you need, images and file uploading up to 15mb @ http://mirrage.co.nr
If that will make you move along a little bit quicker.

Oh and regarding vehicles, unless someone joins the team, and majorly motivates everyone already there, according to the annoucements it sounds like 1.1 will be the last release :( :( :(

So dont bother waiting for vehicles, i dont think they will be in there unless recruiting is done.

DA|aBsOlUt

DA GOD
Oct 24, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
Neat looking, yes larger images would be very handy.

If you want any help with DA2 code let us know, DA2 1.1 features quite a few updates on the core code that help mappers even more.

Bots will now build better and you can choose what kind of structure you want thme to build as well as a random-structure option, to add some spice ;)

Dest

DA Team
Oct 6, 2004
bikini bottom tbh!
looks great!! keep it up!

stephen_wq said:
according to the annoucements it sounds like 1.1 will be the last release :( :( :(

It all depends on the amount of players and team.

oti2 said:
Personally I'm sick :chainsaw: of seing this map so I'd really like to release it haha. :) )

If its good we can include it in 1.1!

Last edited:

stephen_wq

AKA The--Grim--Reaper
Dec 15, 2003
Woo!
So 1.1 may not be the last, maybe we will see vehicles?
You could bring 1 or 2 people on board to help add extra things, like the machine gunner idea i had, and vehicles. They would be used Assult style right? with like 1 or 2 vehicles? or more so the attackers have a group of them, and have to assult the defenders, who have anti vehicle turrets and such?
Meh, getting too off topic now.

I'd be happy to test it.

Hunz

...aka [A|K]Leviathan, mkay?
Jan 7, 2002
Jail
www.arschkeKse.de.vu
If you want us to include your map into v1.1 you should give it to us some time before the new year. We will have to test it and most likely adjust some stuff.

oti2

Dec 12, 2005
yea sorry, I've been gone a while, but actually I've made a lot of changes since those shots. I'm sure if I get cracking I could have the map done by next week. PS - Thanks for the encouragement guys. :)