New game mode suggestion...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Burger

Lookin' down the iron-sights...
Aug 9, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
I have an idea that incorporates a CTF/DOM/TDM/DTAS

You have two bases (RandomTeamspawn chosen) and two forward spots ahead of your base, so it looks like the attacked picture.

The closest enemy base from your own needs to be taken first (Bunker 1, then 2) The enemy has to take hold of the two enemy forward 'bunkers' before advancing to the enemy base. When the enemy (lets say team B)has taken two of the bunkers, Team A has X number of minutes to fight of the onslaught and regain ground. So looking down on the battlefield, the could go forwards and backwards until one team keeps the enemy under siege in their base. Winning team is the team that keeps the enemy in their base until X time has run out.
Warning: Don't criticise me hotly with 'do you have any idea how much coding that will take...' and 'that's a crap idea' cause i'm just communicating an idea.

Suggestions? Ideas? Hopefully not much persecution...

Attachments

• CTB.JPG
    CTB.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 38

Cleeus[JgKdo]

because respawns suck
Jun 8, 2002
Germany
www.cleeus.de
Sounds interesting.
You have to consider, that the mission is far too complex for one round and one life. So you have to either make it for multiple rounds or multiple respawns. I'd prefer multiple rounds, because respawns suck ;)

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Sounds not bad, reminds me a little of BF1942.

I just think it will be limited to long and narrow maps (like Iraq). How should it work, on square maps if one team spawns in the middle of the it?

Would it require entire new maps (then good luck ;) ) or rely on existing ones ?

Also some won't like it for the necessity of respawns.

gal-z

May 20, 2003
Ramat-Hasharon, Israel
Visit site
Well I remembe reading around the forums a while ago on some very similar gamemode... Not really a new idea, though I would like to try play it or one of its variants sometime... Maps shouldn't be a problem - just like when 1 team spawns at the middle of DTAS - u just don't have to use the whole map. You could have:
Code:
 ----------------------------------------------
| AB                                           |
|    A1                                        |
|       A2                                     |
|          B2                                  |
|            B1                                |
|              BB                              |
|                                              |
 ----------------------------------------------
A is team A, B is base, 1 is bunker 1 and 2 is bunker 2. lines mark map borders.

Last edited:

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
i like the idea. it has the problem of respawns, this gamemode needs respawns
respawns are good but suck to
good: because if you dont die you have a ****load of ennemies coming to you , and you need supressing fire more in that gamemode
bad : because of all the respawns problems (spawn kill )

in my opinion it should be tried

gal-z

May 20, 2003
Ramat-Hasharon, Israel
Visit site
I'm not against gamemodes with respawns, yet I prefer to play most of the time a gamemode without respawns. However, playing a gamemode with respawns can be a nice thing to do once in a while ("EAS Fridays" style or soemthing).