New concept and some customisation

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

perrin98

Aug 17, 2000
Hey guys, its been a long time since I talked to most of ya. I was playing online tonight and thought of a fairly simple idea that I think (maybe?) should be easy to implement.

We all know the constant complaints about the distance the iron sights are from your eye. Is it possible (Yurch or Beppo, pray tell) to make that distance user-selectable? Give us a range of possible distances that we can play with and find our preference. Make the closest we can go a fair bit closer than now. Make the furthest the same as the old sights, or even further. Maybe even make it customizeable for each individual weapon.

I figured I'd throw this out on the ice...comment and play with it, please.

-LordPerrin

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Already debated. I even makes several test with the help of Beppo's mutator.
Yes you can have most of current weapons closer to the eyes. But the difference is close to zero. Having them closer thant that would lead to weapon model dsitortion and or glitch in rendering.
So, like me, forget the idea :'(

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
I believe if you have 'true 3D' - I believe you can get some glasses that plug in to your VGA out and do this somehow - they look just right. The problem is that you're playing it on a screen that takes up barely a quarter of your vision and is flat. And, as said before, engine limitations. You could try True Scale or Beppo's equivalent.

Last edited:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Beppo AimView mutator allow you to choose :

-to zoom the scene while you are controling your breath (making the ironsight closer to your eyes , without distortion or polygon problem)

-or instead of zooming the whole scene , to move forward or backward your weapon in the z axis , to have the iron sight closer to your eyes (but there polygon distortion problem will pop up if you move it too much near your eye)

for this effect , try this settings in the aimview.ini , instead of the default ones
FOVFactorMin=1.0
XFactor=0.90
with XFactor less than 0.90 , some weapons will begin to have polygons distortion

(for the zoom all the scene , leave XFactor=1.0 , and you can change FOVFactorMin to all you want , there will not be any polygon distortion on the weapons)
Edit : wrong number , fixed

Last edited: