Netcoder the Movie

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

--Under

Underestimated user
Mar 21, 2004
dawgpound1 said:
Well, I've read most of the posts on this thread and I find it all pretty interesting. I obviously play with it on since I'm playing with Gravity for TDM in GGL's americup. But I'll put my point of view out there on newnet.

When it first came out, I was praising it and loving it and pushing for it to be accepted. I figured this might be a way that we could expand our community, make it more fair, and hell... maybe even play some games with the thriving European TDM community. While playing with Europeans still really isn't feasible, I'm still behind newnet for official games. But I'll state my opinion on it...

I don't really like newnet for a lot of various reasons, but the main reason is how much it has changed the game's feel to me. I don't feel like I'm really playing UT2k4 anymore with everyone being able to hit 40% shock and LG, mini and link being ridiculously affective, and in general the whole playstyle changing a certain amount. I don't agree with some of the statements said here about rockets and flak being unuseful anymore. I still use them all the time up close.. there's no reason to keep firing shock and LG at close range.

I am still very much in favor for TDM to keep newnet on, because it reduces so much headache about fair servers. It's been absolutely wonderful in this respect, and is enough to overlook any negative aspects to me.

I don't get as many false positives as many people claim to here, but I do experience weird anomalies quite often. But I don't really see the reason for newnet not to be accepted is false positives or bugs, but the way it changes the game in my experience.

In short, I like newnet, I like the positive aspects of it, Lotus is a sexy man/teammate/coder, I continue its support for the American competitive community, but I wish we could have the best of both worlds like most Europeans have it... everyone has a low ping and newnet isn't needed (almost).

God damnit DP!!!!! first time i agree with you. :eek:
Its almost like youve transcripted what was written in my brain. gj.
(xcept maybe for Lotus being sexy... never seen him.)