Need permission to edit OLD inf

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shambler[sixpack]

May 3, 2001
Ireland
Visit site
Hmm...Interesting.

I had been giving permission in 2001 by Beppo to take over work on Infiltration 2.6 (and as the Unreal1 Inf community knows I have been making the neccessary updates all the way up to the present day), I have no problems with this added modification of Inf but I'd like the existing Infiltration.u and InfSkins.utx packages to be kept intact from my last update to those particular packages. (2.65)

That's all :) I want to be sure no changes affect compatability with my own packages.

~DH-CrackeR~

Proud Leader of Deaths Head
Dec 26, 2004
kentucky
www.unrealinf.com
[Sixpack]-Shambler- said:
Hmm...Interesting.

I had been giving permission in 2001 by Beppo to take over work on Infiltration 2.6 (and as the Unreal1 Inf community knows I have been making the neccessary updates all the way up to the present day), I have no problems with this added modification of Inf but I'd like the existing Infiltration.u and InfSkins.utx packages to be kept intact from my last update to those particular packages. (2.65)

That's all :) I want to be sure no changes affect compatability with my own packages.

Why don't you jump in with us and add them into this man?

We could make a big subclass I guess but we should keep everything together, we have forceflashbangs.. uped there power.. fixed the nade stuff i talked about before. I got no problem making it a subclass, I even considering forgeting about the new player classes since epic is likely to not respond. I just wanna do this right :)

Lets get on msn and hash this out bro we can do this.

1. I wanna either make sure your ICD works with it

2. After we are done maybe we could let you put your stuff into it and obfuscate it up to protect your source and ours.

I'd like your opinion, some of our ideas might be too much for the inf crowd that likes things a certain way. I haven't seen you online in awhile since you last were helping me on this, and although I got stumped on the problem we were working on we made some gains in other ideas.

Last edited:

Lamleial

Mar 26, 2005
hi shambler, glad to see the even the lowliest members like to pitch in ;) jk

yeah join us if you want, if not that cool too. we plan on new antis though so we dont need to update all the icds and such.

it would be nice to see some of your programming in on it though. if you wish to sub our sub and make a new icd thats up to you but it'd be rather pointless. we would enjoy some help though for stuff like your colors and ut console, those were nice additions.

Shambler[sixpack]

May 3, 2001
Ireland
Visit site
Well I'm working on 2-3 projects atm Crack so I can't really add another to the list or I'll die :p
I've explained to you how to subclass on top of ICD tho so you inherit all the bugfixes in that and the features and gave you example code so you understand how to do that easily, if you need more help getting your mod working on that I can do that but I don't have the time to work on basicly re-coding your mod to include half the fixes in ICD.

Any features you don't like in ICD are easily removable in subclasses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
[Sixpack]-Shambler- said:
Hmm...Interesting.

Ha, sorry for that... old version numbers aren't my type of deal it seems.
If you guys use the already enhanced version of Shambler then you should get his permission too of course - I guess he just gave it, tho ;)
And keep him in the headers, readme aso too.

~DH-CrackeR~

Dec 26, 2004
kentucky
www.unrealinf.com
Beppo said:
If you guys use the already enhanced version of Shambler then you should get his permission too of course - I guess he just gave it, tho ;)
And keep him in the headers, readme aso too.

I think hes scared we will steal all his glory ;) haha john

Yeah first thing we are gonna do is make the mod as a sub I guess.. then we'll decide how to implement this inf and shamblers ICD together. I'm sure we can hash something out.... lol the biggest thing will be whos name gets put on top of whoms :).

Shambler[sixpack]

May 3, 2001
Ireland
Visit site
Beppo said:
It's no problem :) I'm only posting to make sure my stuff still works ;)

The 2.9 players should check out Unreal1 again someday, the community is still active....would be great to see more oldskool players back ;)

Good luck with HL2, hopefully the Inf team will do work with U-Engine3 someday too :)

~DH-CrackeR~

Dec 26, 2004
kentucky
www.unrealinf.com
Almost said:
It is of course a matter of showing people the respect they deserve, not stealing someone's glory.

Yes of course shambler has been helping me with this since day one, shambler knows I was just jiving at him we have a friendly respectfull yet fun and competitive nature :). I'll state that here and now so everybody knows eh.

MikeMaster

Dec 14, 2003
Hello all, nice to see some old faces about. Just passing by after hearing about this "update". I still play INF since day 1 of it, and am lovin' every minute. Although I really do miss a bit of gun jumping every now and then since the move from 2.5 to 2.6 :p.

I think that the updates shambler has made have been awesome, and havn't spoilt the classic game, seeing as most of them have not at all interfered with the game itself. I love the updates made on the scoreboard mainly, it's great work and we all love shambler for it ;).

Glad to see permissions are being given for this new update, I'm just hoping things don't get taken too extreme considering we all DO love INF as it is. We will accept change, but we don't want a whole 'nother game. If this does come about, I'm sure that admins will have sense not to put it onto their servers.

Good luck with the update, watch where you tread too, changing INF is likely to hit a raw nerve for us oldies.

As a side note, why don't all you old players give the old INF another bash? I'm sure the community would be pleasured to be host to you and we could have a good laugh.

I would name some of the oldies who still play to entice you, but I can't be bothered. If you do come back for a game or two (or more?) be sure to pop by the SA servers, that's where it all goes down! (I'm sure DH would be the first to argue with that statement :p)

Regards,
Mike // yWe
Leader of:
yWe - your.Worst.enemy
Previous member of:
.<db>. - Dutch Bat
[MRT] - Marine Recon Team
[MASTER]

~DH-CrackeR~

Dec 26, 2004
kentucky
www.unrealinf.com
LOL yes i do!

SA is a great server but if you live in the US its DH all the way!

But to address your concerns I am trying to keep this simple, ICD will work on top of the new INF I won't hurt anything he did nor do I wish to do all that work he did either! I just going to add a couple weapons, even thinking I might make a vote menu for them so people can enjoy original and if they get bored vote in an ak47 and m4a1 or a few other extras :).

There are some bugs and exploits we are fixing, plus we are making the nades function WAY better I love these nade updates I believe I have mentioned them already. Also Flashbangs have been fixed so that people cannot turn the effect off in unreal.ini, that kinda makes it unfair for the noobs when people do that stuff. Also going to fix how the menu doesn't stretch all the way when you go over 1024 x 768 in res... along with a few other things. I hope to stretch the scoreboard for people with higher resolutions so its not so damn hard to see! Being an old schooler myself I plan to protect the original integrity of the game too :) Also being an admin on 75% of the servers means I want all the players happy, so don't fear cracker is here!

MikeMaster

Dec 14, 2003
Ok doesn't sound too bad. Admin on 75% of the servers? lol.

2 x SA - no?
1 x Sixpack - no?
1 x CAN - no?
1 x TENSION - ?
1 x DH - yes?
1 x TA - ?

thats 1 out of 7 and if you are admin of TA and TENSION servers thats 3 out of 7 still not 75% :p.

I'm admin of .... omg none! I was mod 1 of SA 2on2 but digi changed the pass, and I'm not sure if he wants me :p.

~DH-CrackeR~

Dec 26, 2004
kentucky
www.unrealinf.com
MikeMaster said:
Ok doesn't sound too bad. Admin on 75% of the servers? lol.

2 x SA - no?
1 x Sixpack - no?
1 x CAN - no?
1 x TENSION - ?
1 x DH - yes?
1 x TA - ?

thats 1 out of 7 and if you are admin of TA and TENSION servers thats 3 out of 7 still not 75% :p.

I'm admin of .... omg none! I was mod 1 of SA 2on2 but digi changed the pass, and I'm not sure if he wants me :p.

I don't count servers ppl don't ever play on lol

can=yes
tension=yes
DH=yes

ta has no admin period and noone ever plays there or sixpack besides maybe a couple sixpackers... ok let me rephrase 75% of the populated servers ... tension isn't really even populated so maybe 66% lol. Everyone knows CAN DH AND SA are bout all ever played on period. And really DH and SA are the only ranked servers, we are the big dogs of INF.

I rarely ever see anyone in any other server except when players want a server to chat in privately lol.

But the point is I have access to enough servers and the ones I don't I know the owners so it will be easy to distribute.

Shambler[sixpack]

May 3, 2001
Ireland
Visit site
~DH-CrackeR~ said:
But to address your concerns I am trying to keep this simple, ICD will work on top of the new INF
(Sorry for prolonging this out-of-place post :p) ICD wont be working on top of anything new, I don't have the time to fully refit it to work on top of your mod and also the original Infiltration packages must be kept the same.

I've said if you want to build atop ICD I'll tweak the existing package to be fully compatable with your mod but don't modify any existing Infiltration packages...there are a no. of reasons for that including compatability with a lot of servers/packages. (i.e. your mod should be in totally new packages, MSN/Mail me with problems if your having more trouble)

EDIT: Thanks for the good words Mikey :)

Last edited by a moderator:

~DH-CrackeR~

Dec 26, 2004
kentucky
www.unrealinf.com
Shambler:

Your ICD works on top of the new INF its already been tested, nothing has been modified that affects anything you wrote in ICD. I don't see how you can make a statement like that not knowing anything about it, being as you are refusing to help us or put your ICD in with this INF I am doing the best I can and won't stop working on the new mod just because you want your ICD to be first in the package list for some unknown reason like you don't want my mod to work without ICD... lame I think. I could have just sub moded inf and made it not work with ICD at all but I chose not to out of respect for your work in ICD and because I like your ICD. But since you aren't offering any help to us that is of any real value I cannot sub mod your ICD, also you aren't online enough... like I said your ICD works on top of INF moded just fine I edited nothing important to ICD gametype as of yet... and if it won't I won't change whatever makes it not work. It will be compatible and work just fine so stop throwing stones at me plz lol.

Shambler[sixpack]

May 3, 2001
Ireland
Visit site
Umm wtf :mad: ...How exactly am I refusing to help you? I've given you plenty of information on how to get your packages working, I've helped you get your new playerclasses working aswell as helped with giving you suggestions of how to get weapons into the game and I've said I would update ICD so that your mod could work with it.
I might not be around often to help you with this Cracker (there is something called Real Life that keeps me busy) but I have been VERY generous with helping you with your mod sofar. (please excuse me if I can't code it for you)

As for ICD working with your mod, I made it very clear to you before that I would help YOU get ICD working with your mod if you wanted to include it! I spent a lot of time writing up code for you so that you could compile your package with ICD without worrying about the obfuscated packages I compile for the servers.

As for modifying the original Infiltration files, I stated I want them kept intact (i.e. as they have been for the last 4 years) because they are not just important for compatabilty with other code but also because all of the Infiltration servers run off of the same package (that's to start)...modifying the original to include added weapons etc. is a really horrible way of implementing an extra mod...not to mention the huge download every time you update something. (any half-knowledgable coder could agree with me here)
That is why ICD is built on top of Infiltration.u and why you should either build on top of Infiltration.u or on top of ICD.