UE2 - UT2kX Need help with a model

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mikkuru

Jan 27, 2009
Hello!

I am not very experienced with the world of 3D modeling.
I tried (unsuccesfully) scaling and rigging a model in 3D Studio MAX
to use in UT2k4.

I'm asking if someone who has some spare time and the skills would
do this for me? I can provide the person with a .max file with the actual
model skinned or provide the skin in a .tga .bmp or .jpg format.

Mikkuru

Jan 27, 2009
Ah sorry, didn't even see that section. I'll do as you advice and this thread can be locked/deleted.

Mikkuru

Jan 27, 2009
I don't have a slightest clue how to use Blender. :D
Besides, I'm also having hard time figuring out how texturing works
for UT2k4. As apparently, my current texture won't work out of the bat.

Mikkuru

Jan 27, 2009
Oh please do. I have heard good things about Blender and it being open source afterall.

SolaceEternal

SPANK THAT TUNA
Apr 29, 2004
You could try to export to blender? From what I understand it is easier to rig thru Blender than Max.

...While blender is indeed easier to rig models with than max, you'll play hell trying to get it in UED without massive amounts of distortion.

Seriously. You have to scale the damn thing perfectly or verts go all over the place.

...This is assuming you're wanting to piggyback your character into an existing animation set, of course. If you make your own animations it isn't a problem. That being said, if you're gonna make your own animations you're better off using max anyway.