Need advice on wireless heaphones for tv

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
Hi everyone, I've recently found the need for some wireless headphones to plug into my tv so that i can watch it without disturbing others who are sleeping....I'm a night owl. I've been out of the tv and audio scene for several years and honestly, I don't know what to look for. And I specifically don't know how they would connect to the tv we have. It's a fairly large flat screen that was bought at Best Buy in 2008: the brand is Dynex. I see lots of rca jacks and other inputs and outputs...but I need to know how to hook a set up so I can know what to look for when I buy them. I basically just need to get up to speed. Oh, and I'll only be using these headphones to watch tv, not for gaming.

If you have skills in this area, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Plug them into the headphone jack, or get an RCA to 3.5mm converter for $1.50.

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
Awesome. Thanks for the help. So if I plug a pair into the stereo mini port does it automatically mute the actual tv speakers. And if so do they all come with an inline volume so you can control it with your hand?

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
The advantage of the headphone jack is that it automatically mutes your television and you can control the volume with the television controller as you would normally, not to mention that most headphones are built to work with the 3.5mm jack by default

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
Dude, be a man and stick it to 'em--unless they also plan on wearing the headphones while you sleep:

ear+plugs.jpg

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
Learn how to read lips.

Its a pain in the ass to use the headphone jack on any new TV.
I have to take apart the TV, and solder a jumper wire to always get it too work right on the boats.

With that said.
The best way is to hook up using the RCA jacks on the back of the TV.