n00b needs help making a mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Rabbit!

I'm so Cute it's Disgusting!
Greetings! I'm a total n00b at making mods and was wondering if I can get some help making one. I need someone that can babysit :D . I have no idea where to start I have an idea. It's a cute Bunnie like idea, but I need to know where to start. Tutorials I have tried, and it has done some good, but I'm still in the dark. Lemme know, please.

The Rabbit! (In Search of... People to help) :(

Dismal Brute

Slippery when wet.
Aug 18, 2004
Springdale AR
If you haven't already, you may want to consider buying the DVD edition of UT2K4. It has a bonus disk included that has all the video tutorials you'll probably need to get yourself up to speed.

Axionysus

Don't Call Us, We Won't Call You :)
Sep 6, 2004
DNS #5
flakmonkey.t35.com
You really need to get a development environment and start messing around with files and creating simple mods and muts, i recommend UDE (the official development program for UT2004, it has a class and package browser and find function and syntax highlighting and other goodies :D ). Also you should probably develope an idea for a mod or mut then write out exactly what you want it do and start a list of objects, classes, textures, meshes, and bits of code then ask for help with specific questions rather than just saying "I need help, I'm a n00b." After you have a good idea of what it is that you want to do and later what it is that you need help doing you'll have a lot more success :tup: .

Wookiee

Lets Rock
Aug 4, 2004
3D BUZZ VTMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon: no online tutorial will help as much as those. they brought me from 0 to mapper in about a week