My UT 2004.. Is it RETARDED??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
Ok I downloaded the new patch, but I ran into the same problem I had with UT GOTY. The patch came in a file that cant be opened or doesnt do anything when i double click it.. So I have no clue on how to install it to my game?? :confused:

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
That's strange...
When i downloaded it, it was just a exe-file.
I double-clicked it and installed.

Da Swami

The lowly HB de Swami's
Aug 10, 2004
Ouch.

Where did you download it from? On some sites the downloads often fail. Don't take my suggestion, go with Cheapalert's, he's right...

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
It just finished downloading and came as the same thing.. an application!!! I dont understand why its comeing in this type of format!

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
Does anyone know how I can put it in the correct file type?????

_MAGGOT_

Jan 10, 2004
an application is an .exe file ;)

The problem may be a corrupt install. If the computer can't read the type of file, it may be a 'UMOD file' (common file in the UT world) and if UT isn't installed properly, your computer won't know what to do with the file. Try a new installation of the game, and see if you can install the patch then. :)

MAGGOT

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
When I was still playin UT GOTY this problem came up when I wanted to get the new patch. And now its happening with 2004. :hmm: Right now I think its my computer it may be set to some gay crap... but im still not sure.

CheapAlert

ONSLOTFEST '94 FOREVER
marko said:
When I was still playin UT GOTY this problem came up when I wanted to get the new patch. And now its happening with 2004. :hmm: Right now I think its my computer it may be set to some gay crap... but im still not sure.

System Restore is gay crap indeed. Make sure it's turned off (dunno if you have ME or XP however, instructions may vary, so I can't provide them here.)

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
CheapAlert said:
System Restore is gay crap indeed. Make sure it's turned off (dunno if you have ME or XP however, instructions may vary, so I can't provide them here.)
Alright i'll go check it out.. thanks cheap. :)