My new toy

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
You should try playing my bass - it weighs 26kg and I play that with a strap :lol:

(it's a double bass - awkward as feck, but a lot more comfortable than playing upright)

Given my musical background I tend to think bass violin when I hear double bass. :hmm:

26kg = 57.3201882 lbs ... Thats allot. :eek:

Acrylic is .0426 lb/cu. in ... so if the guitar was only 1 foot cubed it would wiegh 73.1268 Lbs or 33.1697585 kg. That is substantially more. Acrylic is dense stuff.

1 Square foot would barely be enough for pickups and all. The controls would have to go on the side.

I am not picking on you over the cube thing. I like constructing things out of primitive geometric shapes. I made a couple UT2k4 maps utalizing cubism (loosely) that had crazy cubist in the title. Been messing with 1 I never finished trying to convert to UT3. (youtube footage 4 the curious) So I put some thought into a cube shaped guitar...

@ Morety
Can't say as I care for the carvings, too arts and crafts movement for me, but I must pay massive respect for their sound in the areas of classic rock guitar and classical guitar. Impressive. Doesn't sound great for metal IMO but it doesn't look like a guitar you would see metalica, megadeth, korn, etc. playing anway.

I would love to hear some1 play the tristram theme from diablo 1 or the orchestrated version of the gerrudo valley theme from Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time on one of those. Yeah I am a nerd. A little santana stylings wouldn't be bad either.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
I realize the intricate carvings aren't going to be for everyone, but I have always had a thing for wolves. There's a place in England called "Little Moreton Hall" (my ancestry) which has wolf heads as part of the family crest. So it's in my blood.

I'm thinking of working on Reeling in the Years (Steely Dan) as my first song to play on this. Then maybe Xanadu (Rush). At least it's inspiring me to think of working on my playing again.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
I realize the intricate carvings aren't going to be for everyone, but I have always had a thing for wolves. There's a place in England called "Little Moreton Hall" (my ancestry) which has wolf heads as part of the family crest. So it's in my blood.

I'm thinking of working on Reeling in the Years (Steely Dan) as my first song to play on this. Then maybe Xanadu (Rush). At least it's inspiring me to think of working on my playing again.

I merely meant that though I was 1 of those that didn't care for the style of carvings I had to addmit the guitars had top notch sound. ;) and I hope you get comfortable enough with your playing to record some of it and share the linkage.